Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV ProCal and overactive ESP

Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV ProCal and overactive ESP

Does anybody know if using the AEV ProCal to precisely center your steering wheel prevents premature ESP activation? Going around looping on/off ramps at 25mph just to avoid the ESP coming on is starting to get old. I don't really want to permanetely deactivate my ESP.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
Does anybody know if using the AEV ProCal to precisely center your steering wheel prevents premature ESP activation? Going around looping on/off ramps at 25mph just to avoid the ESP coming on is starting to get old. I don't really want to permanetely deactivate my ESP.
Follow the center your steering wheel steps here:

That should be all you need to do. I do not believe the Procal or any other tuner can fix this for you. I had the same problem and it took me 3-4 adjustments to get it just right, but once I got it spot on, no more ESP issues for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What the ProCal will tell you is when the 'computer' thinks the steering wheel is centered, but with bent components, the steering wheel can still be physically offset. (centered for me is the steering wheel being appx 15 degrees right of center)

Also note that being lifted can cause esp issues, regardless of the steering wheel being centered. Which is why chrysler released the steering wheel dance to shut if off permanently.

Quick Reply: AEV ProCal and overactive ESP