Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev procal module

Old 07-14-2009 | 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Aev procal module

Ok hearing this might be a good idea. Just lifted my jeep 3.5 rockKrawler and went from 33 to 35's. Having some issues with traction control and ESP but need to straighten the steering wheel and I am told that wills top it. IS this device something I should look into?
Old 07-14-2009 | 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

that is true. Make sure that your axle is centered and your steering wheel is centered and the ESP issues should die.
Old 07-14-2009 | 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a lot written about the AEV ProCal here for sure. It works and it is something to consider.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...aev/index.html
Old 07-14-2009 | 03:42 PM
JK Freak

I love mine.
Old 07-14-2009 | 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
I love mine.
x2
Old 07-15-2009 | 02:20 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by michele07jk
Ok hearing this might be a good idea. Just lifted my jeep 3.5 rockKrawler and went from 33 to 35's. Having some issues with traction control and ESP but need to straighten the steering wheel and I am told that wills top it. IS this device something I should look into?

The Procal would probably be good for you. You can correct for the tire size change, which will help with the tranny and the ESP. In addition, it has a feature to help re-center the steering wheel. Mine definitely improved the tranny shift point issue by correcting for bigger tires (which also got my speedo correct), and I haven't had the ESP go off on a tight corner since using it.

Last edited by pearl-drum-man; 07-15-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2009 | 02:45 AM
JK Freak

Do you have the 6-speed or the auto? With an auto it will probably be a good investment, depending on your needs, cause it resets your shift points. I have the 6-speed w/o TPMS and couldn't justify it, however I also got the dealer to recalibrate the speedo free of charge and I re-centered the wheel when I lifted it so I never had esp problems. To try an save some coin I'd check an see if your dealer will recal the speedo for you. I believe there are write up's on here about re-centering your wheel. Not to smash aev but if I was going for a programmer for an auto I'd probably go with a superchips/hypertech (idk who makes em) to get max performance for towing/gas milage/speed ect.

Quick Reply: Aev procal module