Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV procal installed.. shocking results for me!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AUJeep
So if you have a 6spd, what are the pros to purchasing a procal(other than correcting the speedo?)

TIA
I just bought one for my six speed and I wanted to adjust the TPMS threshold (35psi on my duratracs was way too stiff) and dial in the tire size (even though I only went to 33s and my speedo was not off that much). Plus I like my turn signals as daytime running lamps. And I'll have it for if/when I go bigger.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I missing something about the DRL's? I have a 2012, bought in Ohio, and don't have DRL's. Is that a state-specific item?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zoso77
Am I missing something about the DRL's? I have a 2012, bought in Ohio, and don't have DRL's. Is that a state-specific item?
No. You use the Procal to activate the DRL's.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SWAMP RAT
No. You use the Procal to activate the DRL's.
This. With the Procal, you get the option of having:

bright amber turn signals as DRL's
Headlamps, low-beam
Headlamps, reduced high-beam, or
Factory fog/driving lights, if you have them.

Any of those can be set to be DRL's. They come on when the Jeep is running, and the parking brake lever is fully released. The headlamp switch operates normally otherwise.

I have my DRL's programmed for the turn signals. They illuminate bright amber, and flash appropriately on/off when I'm using the blinker, and dim to normal when the headlamps are on.

Quick Reply: AEV procal installed.. shocking results for me!