Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV procal installed.. shocking results for me!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV procal installed.. shocking results for me!

Well After over a year of running 35's on my 2012 JKU sport I finally ordered an AEV procal to get my speedo correct and correct those shift points as mine is an automatic.

I "expected" a slight noticable difference in shifting after the recalibration...... well OMFG... My jeep drives absolutely incredible compared to before... it accelerates sooooo smooth now and effortlessly. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!!

I recently did an install of a flowmaster 40 series muffler that cuts off before the rear axle and was about to order a different muffler because it was so freaking loud it sounded like a rice burner. Well after the recalibration... my exhaust sounds absolutely perfect.. no more drone.. no more riceyness....you can barely tell its aftermarket... just a nice low grumble now.

I guess after driving the thing with the tranny hunting gears for so long I actually forgot what the thing is SUPPOSED to feel like.

The procal is DEFINITELY an upgrade for the Auto guys....wish I would have done this a long time ago and am glad I didn't RE-DO my exhaust before the procal.
Hope this helps some of you as I didn't think I needed to bother with recalibration since I knew how far my speedo was off.... didn't realize the tranny was working so damn hard.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gears you running?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im running the factory 3.21's.. I never felt the need for the procal for performance reasons at all as the 3.6 Pentastar handled the
35's effortlessly. The guys in my club with 4.10's who have driven my rig all said they didn't notice much difference in drivability between mine and their's with the same tire combo.

Night and day ppl. If you haven't done it after upgrading your tires... you definitely need to do it. You will not be dissapointed.
I never did it bacause I figured it was just a waste of money. boy was I wrong.

My guys who drive manuals that did the procal, stated that they did not notice a difference at all.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Wow that's really good to know I got the same setup, I got 35s in my garage begging to be mounted but I was waiting to get re geared. Thanks for the info
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a pro cal. Besides correcting the speedo turning off tpms and keeping my Jeep out of limp mode. That's all it did.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with you, I have 4.10 gears and the Procal made it much more comfortable, and felt the JK strained less at highway speeds. I got 1-2mpg better also. Recommended, esp as I picked mine up used on the forum for $100
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I have a pro cal. Besides correcting the speedo turning off tpms and keeping my Jeep out of limp mode. That's all it did.
per your sig you have a 6 speed so not the same as using on an automatic because you control your shift points on the manual vs the computer on the auto.

I also have 3.21, auto with 33" and have the speedo calibrated to the nats ass with the aev and I have 0 complaints as mine shifts exactly how and at what rpm I think it should. I hear many complaints about the 3.21 and auto hunting for gears or shifting at too low or too rpms but mine is ideal. I do know that it took several times to get the aev dialed in because for me I had to have the speedo/odo dialed in and the actual tire measurement did not conicide exactly with the dip adjustment per procal.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

There is more you can do with these, did you guys disable the esp....what will happen if you do..I cleared the codes, disabled tpms sensors, 373, 34.25 that is it there was much more but didn't really know about it like running day time lights etc. I want to hear from you thanks and sorry for stealing the thread.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing that really applied to me was the tire size change, and I disabled the TPMS.

Didn't see in the instructions where to disable the ESP.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

It should be there... I just got one.

Quick Reply: AEV procal installed.. shocking results for me!