Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal and 33's?

Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a sport that came with 32's, i always thought it shifted too early I got the pro cal when I did my 33's. I have to say I think it's a night and day difference! I started wondering if maybe Chrysler just uses one template for programming no matter what trim level or tire size?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Not sure if the issue or question at hand has been resolved already, but its to my understanding that you are to measure from the ground to the edge of the sidewall and NOT to go off the sidewall specified tire size. For instance, a 305/65(like mine) is a "33" but it doesnt measure out to a 33". I have punched in a 33" tire on the ProCal and then typed in the actual height and I will admit, there was a difference in performace from the 2. Not like I was Mario Andretti on a track, but it was better than going off the sidewall tire size....
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bthomas
I have a sport that came with 32's, i always thought it shifted too early I got the pro cal when I did my 33's. I have to say I think it's a night and day difference! I started wondering if maybe Chrysler just uses one template for programming no matter what trim level or tire size?
What gear ratio are you running?

I'm going to get a procal I'm just on the fence about doing it now or waiting and doing some other stuff in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal and 33's?