Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev procal

Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Inspired

One of those mods a aupercharger?
Unfortunately, no. I'm not a huge horsepower person and find the 3.6 is pretty good. Especially since my last vehicle was a 4 cylinder.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ncb
Somewhere in the owners manual it states that the warranty can be voided if a modification is made to throw off the accuracy of the odometer so it's not a complete waste of money.
And my dealer told me that by doing it yourself it can void the warranty as well. Even when you put it back to stock settings when taking it in to get serviced you leave an electronic foot print showing it was altered. It depends on the dealer. As some have found out, lifting your Jeep may void it but others have had no problems with it. It's up to the discretion of the dealer.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
And my dealer told me that by doing it yourself it can void the warranty as well. Even when you put it back to stock settings when taking it in to get serviced you leave an electronic foot print showing it was altered. It depends on the dealer. As some have found out, lifting your Jeep may void it but others have had no problems with it. It's up to the discretion of the dealer.
the aev procal leaves no foot print as it does not encrouch on that part of the ecm.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt

the aev procal leaves no foot print as it does not encrouch on that part of the ecm.
Just reporting what the dealership told me.

I guess you know more than they do.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
Just reporting what the dealership told me.

I guess you know more than they do.
well actually I do . Dealerships are notorious for bad information. There are some good ones but then again there are bad ones. Remember many of the employees at dealerships are not motorheads or even jeep enthusiasts. I actually live in the same town as Dave Harrington (AEV) his brother invented the procal and I stopped in the shop and asked about it. He did an eloquent job of explaining how it worked and why it did not leave a foot print because it did not change ecm. The areas that the procal changes are simply parameters that can be changed without getting into the ecm.

Last edited by jadmt; 02-24-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
well actually I do . Dealerships are notorious for bad information. There are some good ones but then again there are bad ones. Remember many of the employees at dealerships are not motorheads or even jeep enthusiasts. I actually live in the same town as Dave Harrington (AEV) his brother invented the procal and I stopped in the shop and asked about it. He did an eloquent job of explaining how it worked and why it did not leave a foot print because it did not change ecm. The areas that the procal changes are simply parameters that can be changed without getting into the ecm.
Good info to know.

As for bad info from dealers, I know we all feel that way. I had to take a video of my non functioning rear LSD to prove to the dealer it wasn't working. THats after being told it was working fine to you don't have an LSD and then back to it's working fine. (Different dealership BTW) That can be extended to every auto parts retailer just about as well. Ever try getting a GM HEI coil for an AMC 360? Or have you ever been told you have a Dana 35 front axle in your 2011 JKU? (That last example was Oreillys) There's way too much of "if it's not in my computer I can't help you".

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Aev procal