Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev procal

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urictan
Also would like to ask, how easy was it to actually program? Is it pretty idiot proof or what are your opinions on it?
It's real easy, even a caveman can do it just follow the quick reference guide that comes with the Procal

Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Urictan

Also would like to ask, how easy was it to actually program? Is it pretty idiot proof or what are your opinions on it?
Easy is an understatement lol when you get it you'll see that's its stupid proof and very effective!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your dealer should be able to reef lash your puter for the proper size tire for a lot less than 150. I think I paid $40 to the dealer to flash my 08. Really didn't notice any change except the speedo being correct so feel it was a waste of money.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

changing rims is not the issue.it is when you change rubber size.......you have any size rim you want with a 31,33,35 and so on size tire.
the procal is worth the money for the other things you can do with it.
i'm working on getting one for my Rubi....
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

PROCAL is used for that last 5%. (Not needed but puts the JK at the top again)
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
Your dealer should be able to reef lash your puter for the proper size tire for a lot less than 150. I think I paid $40 to the dealer to flash my 08. Really didn't notice any change except the speedo being correct so feel it was a waste of money.
Somewhere in the owners manual it states that the warranty can be voided if a modification is made to throw off the accuracy of the odometer so it's not a complete waste of money.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
It does a lot more than just adjust tire sizes...it's far from a waste of money!!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Out of the $10K+ I've spent on mods, the $150 for the Procal was the best value for what it does. If you had told me it was re-geared, I would've believed it.

I talked to 2 dealers in my area: Both said they will not 're-flash' the computer for tire size. If if they would, as mentioned, it does other things as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by suicideking
Out of the $10K+ I've spent on mods, the $150 for the Procal was the best value for what it does. If you had told me it was re-geared, I would've believed it.

I talked to 2 dealers in my area: Both said they will not 're-flash' the computer for tire size. If if they would, as mentioned, it does other things as well.
One of those mods a aupercharger?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I had two dealers including my selling dealer tell me they could not adjust the speedo for increased tires. The selling dealer recommended the AEV procal. This was on my 2013 jku. The selling dealer did not sell proccals altho they recommended them so I figure if they could have made a buck by reflashing they would have. I like that procal can configure my fogs to drl's. I also like having my speedo and odo spot on.

Quick Reply: Aev procal