Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is a AEV Pro-cal REALLY a must have when running 33's ?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee1seven
The KM2's i just ordered are actually right at 34" i just double checked on the specs, im coming off the stock SR-A's, so thats almost a whole two inches bigger in diameter, i guess i am gonna have to bite the bullet and order the freaking procal, i do have a manual tranny which might make it a bit more livable till i get around buying the Pro-cal.
Its not going to kill my wallet but after $1,200 in new rubber and $200 in spacers it sure adds up quick, It sure does suck spending $150 for something you're only going to use two seconds...

My Jeep-Mod savings jar = - $1,550
but its well worth all the pennie pinching to spend it all again...haha

Thanks for all the input guys !
I think you can use it if you want to air down your tires to keep your tmps from sounding off too.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the manual tranny and 3.73 gears, and used the ProCal to adjust for tire size when I replaced the OEM 16" steel wheel/225/70-16 tires with the OEM 17" Aluminum wheel/255/70-17 tires. I rode around for about a week with the new tires/wheel before my ProCal arrived. The ProCal made a huge difference in the drivability even just going from one stock tire size to another. With all the computer controls and monitoring that goes on in these new Jeeps, I think it's worth the money to have everything in sync! I say do it! Besides, there are other useful features you get with the ProCal besides just the ability to adjust your speedometer for a tire size change.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a must have...but i would recommend it. Its not something that's worth $150, maybe 50-60 dollars. but it does make the engine run better and makes everything sync up correctly. And i was getting tired of the tpms light.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have it for a 2012 and Duratrac 315/75/R17s. Definitely was needed, but essentially it paid for itself. The first thing I enabled were the daytime running lamps, called my insurance company and got a 12 dollar discount a month on my premium!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

if it throws off the speedo does your odometer get incorrect miles?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by laderajk
if it throws off the speedo does your odometer get incorrect miles?
Yes it does
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

i got one for my 33's. Biggest thing for me is it saved me from having the tpms crap installed on my 33's. i just set the procal to 0 and havnt had a light yet. I didnt feel like paying for the sensors through discount tire. All in all id say its worth it since its more than just for the speedo. LIke the high idle for winch people and gear swaps.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kegnut
I have it for a 2012 and Duratrac 315/75/R17s. Definitely was needed, but essentially it paid for itself. The first thing I enabled were the daytime running lamps, called my insurance company and got a 12 dollar discount a month on my premium!
Thats very good info i didn't know you could actually do that. I've got Progressive once i get mine working daytime ill give them a call to see if i can get a discount as well.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

So i went ahead and ordered the Procal along with the spacers form Northridge plus free shipping on everything can't complain... In the long run im sure ill use it more then once or even let a buddie borrow it.

Plus looks like im getting some money back already! I just sold my stock tires to my boss for $450 and they haven't even came off the Jeep

Quick Reply: Is a AEV Pro-cal REALLY a must have when running 33's ?