Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Pro-Cal Module - defective?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AEV Pro-Cal Module - defective?

So, I set it (for anything) plug it in, and nothin'. No beeps, no change. Can't change anything.

What's more probable, unit is defective OR something's going on with my computer or OBDII port?

Emailed AEV tech support a few weeks ago and no response.

Is there a good way to check if the computer and/or port are working correctly?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Get it used? They are designed to only work with one Jeep. If you got it used, u have to default set the jeep it was linked to, which un-links the procal from the jeep. Then you can use it on another jeep.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Also, Alpha Expeditions is a member on this forum, so you might try shooting them a PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Did you have the ignition turned on, engine not running? I did my tire size change and tpms change in 1 minute total.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to call them. I know with many of these e-mail from the website options there is a lot of stuff that can go wrong and your e-mail or the responses to it never get all the way through.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, it wasn't used. BUT maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll shove it back in there and give it a few minutes. Was kinda my understanding that it wouldn't take more than a few seconds.

I'll see what happens.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sn4cktime
Well, it wasn't used. BUT maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll shove it back in there and give it a few minutes. Was kinda my understanding that it wouldn't take more than a few seconds.

I'll see what happens.
Set the DIP switches for what ever program you want to run and read the manual closely. Two times now I've missed a step because of not paying attention and ended up with either nothing or some weirdness in my Jeep. Try a few different programs too, like steering center and throttle control. Easy ones to set up and you can see the results instantly. Good luck.

Quick Reply: AEV Pro-Cal Module - defective?