Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: AEX Explained Thread
Good information to Know
85.71%
I dont care how it works
14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

AEV Pro Cal Explained

Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also recommend you keep the module in the ESD bag it came in. I keep mine locked in the center console with my winch controller and wireless winch controller. Also the quick reference guide in there as well
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I would also recommend you keep the module in the ESD bag it came in. I keep mine locked in the center console with my winch controller and wireless winch controller. Also the quick reference guide in there as well
Same here. Best to keep it handy.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk4thedirt
I have a 2013 and purchased the Procal that is 2013 ready. I'm trying to turn on the Daytime running lights, but can't seem to be able to get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I turn the Key to the On position and insert the procal. The horn honks twice and nothing. No lights on. I'm I missing a step here?
Took me a sec to figure out too. You have to be in gear for them to be on. Have someone check when u in gear
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Help with 2012 JK

I have tried and tried to set my tire size and the horn will not honk. Called AEV and was told to talk to Mike. Left him a message and he never called back. I turn the key on and plug in the module but nothing happens, not even an error code. What do I try now?

Thanks,
Ray
2012 JK
Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raycn
I have tried and tried to set my tire size and the horn will not honk. Called AEV and was told to talk to Mike. Left him a message and he never called back. I turn the key on and plug in the module but nothing happens, not even an error code. What do I try now?

Thanks,
Ray
2012 JK
When I first got my procal the same thing happened. No error code, no honk, nothing. It turns out that when I was setting the DIP switches I was holding the procal upside down.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I read in this is that it's about $3 in parts.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks,
Ray
2012 JK
I would do a reset on the module. Turn the Jeep to the on position wait 2 minutes then plug the unit into the ODB port wait for the honk if no honk then wait 20 seconds. Then turn the Jeep off take the module out. Start the Jeep then turn it off. Set your pro cal to the tire size you want. Turn the Jeep to the on position wait 20 seconds then put the module in. At this point is should honk. If there was not 2 blasts of the horn then I would say you have a problem with the unit. Especially if its not throwing any flashing LED codes.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was just looking at one of these yesterday, on Quadretec I believe, and the directions stated that before the module can be used on a second Jeep, the first vehicle must be reset back to default settings, through the ProCal module.
Does this mean that I must have a module for each vehicle?, or is there an equal competitor that will program more than one vehicle?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomsryt
I was just looking at one of these yesterday, on Quadretec I believe, and the directions stated that before the module can be used on a second Jeep, the first vehicle must be reset back to default settings, through the ProCal module.
Does this mean that I must have a module for each vehicle?, or is there an equal competitor that will program more than one vehicle?
yes you need one for each vehicle.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks,
Ray
2012 JK
do you have your ignition key in the right position?

Quick Reply: AEV Pro Cal Explained