Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Pintler Wheels - Cracking

Old 06-07-2016, 02:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Here are the mammoth wheels...

Mammoth Wrangler Charcoal Five Spoke Aluminum Wheel J100615 (07-16 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
Old 06-08-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by coolhand129
Take a look at ATX Ravines. Awesome liking wheel similar to AEV Pintlers
Great looking wheel. I really like ATX designs.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Update on my cracked pintler wheel

As they have in the past, AEV customer service has agreed to replace my defective wheel, and since they no longer make the argent pintler like i have, they agreed to swap out to a set of 5 in a different style. Although I really like the way the newly designed Pintlers look, I am going to avoid the problems with the spoke design and switch to the Savegre, hoping it will not have similar issues. I have no info that the new pintlers have a problem, nor do I know that the savegre have had no issues (searched for reports, found none). AEV is providing a new set, free shipping to Screamin Lizard (located in Bedford TX and they have ALWAYS been awesome to deal with!! Great shop ). I have to pay for mounting and freight to send my wheels back to AEV. While I'm more than a little irked about the wheels, I really must say that overall AEV has been reasonable about replacing wheels each time I've had a problem, although it has not been without cost to me. And once again, a shout out to Screamin Lizard. They've been great to deal with each and every time.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear AEV is taking care of you.

Gotta love some SLC as well!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quadratec, a forum sponsor, has several five spoke wheels in silver, charcoal, and black the same size and BS as the Pintler. The also have wider versions of several of the "factory" wheels with the correct BS for oversize tires.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcan
As they have in the past, AEV customer service has agreed to replace my defective wheel, and since they no longer make the argent pintler like i have, they agreed to swap out to a set of 5 in a different style. Although I really like the way the newly designed Pintlers look, I am going to avoid the problems with the spoke design and switch to the Savegre, hoping it will not have similar issues. I have no info that the new pintlers have a problem, nor do I know that the savegre have had no issues (searched for reports, found none). AEV is providing a new set, free shipping to Screamin Lizard (located in Bedford TX and they have ALWAYS been awesome to deal with!! Great shop ). I have to pay for mounting and freight to send my wheels back to AEV. While I'm more than a little irked about the wheels, I really must say that overall AEV has been reasonable about replacing wheels each time I've had a problem, although it has not been without cost to me. And once again, a shout out to Screamin Lizard. They've been great to deal with each and every time.
You will never have an issue with wheels again. Enjoy the savegres very nice!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm on my second cracked Pintler. The first one happened about a month ago, and they replaced it with a second generation Pintler which appears to have a much thicker rim. In talks with them now as I have lost confidence in the first generation Pintlers. I also have 2 of them on my trailer.

Pretty frustrated with the whole thing, the idea of having a catastrophic failure at speed is nagging at my brain.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Wow! That's crazy... I've been looking at putting the Pintlers on my Rubi, but now I will probably reconsider!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cablgy
Wow! That's crazy... I've been looking at putting the Pintlers on my Rubi, but now I will probably reconsider!
The Gen 2 are a different design, much thicker rim. Did it solve the issue...that I can't answer as I only just got a Gen 2 version a month ago.

Quick Reply: AEV Pintler Wheels - Cracking