Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Pintler Wheels - Cracking

Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I took my JK in today for a slow leaking tire and came to find out I have a hairline crack in my Pintler as well ... By the 2nd or 3rd day after airing up this little crack was letting enough air out to get down to about 10PSI ... Calling AEV tomorrow to see if they'll warranty it. they've been on the JK for 2 years but their site says these Pintlers come with a "Lifetime Structural Warranty"

Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Found this thread on the AEV site... hopefully they make good on their warranty promise !!!

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=1868
Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
Well I took my JK in today for a slow leaking tire and came to find out I have a hairline crack in my Pintler as well ... By the 2nd or 3rd day after airing up this little crack was letting enough air out to get down to about 10PSI ... Calling AEV tomorrow to see if they'll warranty it. they've been on the JK for 2 years but their site says these Pintlers come with a "Lifetime Structural Warranty"

Called AEV this morning and supplied more pictures of the cracked wheel. Hopefully we'll get this resolved soon as I'm running without a spare at this point I'm also concerned about how the remaining 4 wheels will hold up over time
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

AEV shipped me a brand new replacement for this cracked wheel. It's nice to know the company stands by their products. I'm an AEV fan.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Found this thread on the AEV site... hopefully they make good on their warranty promise !!!

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=1868
That is nice to know about a life time warranty on the structure and strenth of the rim. That said I have had no problems with mine and they still look great.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2437.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	96130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2436..jpg
Views:	379
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	96131
Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Here we go again ...

I had one crack last fall that was warrantied by AEV and now I noticed low tire pressure in one of my tires and came to find this on another wheel ... Looks like I'll be on the phone with AEV first thing Monday morning !!!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Great! I just got my brand new set of 5 of these "amazing" wheels in today
Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hagausaf
I'm pretty sure this has been resolved by now in their production of these wheels. Mine were purchased back in '08 and this is my second one to fail.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hagausaf
Well, I wouldn't worry if I were you. AEV is obviously taking care of folks with the few problems that they have. There will never be a product that is 100 percent reliable, across the board.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's awful that you guys experienced issues... but it sounds like AEV is awesome when it comes to taking care of their customers...

I like the argents with bead locks, but I am not sure they are worth the maintenance... I am mostly on the street but really like the looks.

Anybody have any thoughts on whether their worth having on a daily driver?

Quick Reply: AEV Pintler Wheels - Cracking