Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Lifts

Old 10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85fr16
I just ordered a AEV 2 inch spacer lift, I will post up after I install it, but from what I hear AEV are all high quality. I wheeled with a guy that had an AEV XJ and that was put together very well.
Also looking to order the 2" spacers from AEV but would like to know, how much they cost to install and how they handle both on and off road. Thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Planning to get the 4.5" lift with 37s for my 2012 rubicon after christmas. Willing to wait for the reservoir shocks as they look pretty sweet. Did any of you have to replace the driveshafts with the 4.5" kit and an automatic? Only interested in hearing from people with the 2012 and the new engine. And what are the backspacing requirements with the AEV kit?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pilot650
Planning to get the 4.5" lift with 37s for my 2012 rubicon after christmas. Willing to wait for the reservoir shocks as they look pretty sweet. Did any of you have to replace the driveshafts with the 4.5" kit and an automatic? Only interested in hearing from people with the 2012 and the new engine. And what are the backspacing requirements with the AEV kit?

Thanks!
I have a friend who just bought a 2012 and is ordering the 4.5" lift for it. He has talked extensively to AEV and was told the stock front driveshaft will work. He will have to modify the exhaust of course. Many people on this forum disagree that the front DS will work, or at least work for the long run. Backspacing with AEV lift kits. When I did my research that proved a little tricky. AEV recommends an offset, (or at least they used to) rather than a backspacing. reason is that backspacing is an imprecise measurement whereby offset is not. In the end I went with the AEV wheels because they are engineered to work with the lift. And I like the quality and looks of them. Hope that helps.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I just had a 2" AEV spacer lift installed last week, and it is fantastic. My Jeep drives exactly as it did before, which is what I wanted. I'll be putting some 33 inch KM2's on it later, but I've still got quite a bit of tread left on my KM's. My goal was to get a little better breakover angle, get that low belly up off the ground a bit, and then get a very slight increase in ground clearance with the 33's, but still maintain the way the Jeep drives and feels on the road. So far, so good!

I'll have to post pics later.

Btw, I had a local shop that is known for good work at reasonable prices install it for $250, $69 of which was for a front end allignment. I don't think that was too bad.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the AEV 3.5" JK DualSport RS Suspension for my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. The External reservoir shocks are on backorder until Jan 5th.
Was going to go with Fox shocks, but changed to the Bilsteins. Glad to hear everyone else likes their lift so far!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 686
I just ordered the AEV 3.5" JK DualSport RS Suspension for my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. The External reservoir shocks are on backorder until Jan 5th.
Was going to go with Fox shocks, but changed to the Bilsteins. Glad to hear everyone else likes their lift so far!
After closer research I also wants the same exact lift! Was going for the spacer lift but what the hell. LoL.... Did u order straight from aev? You dont need anything else for it to be problematic ? The lift comes with everything correct? Please post pics after the install. Sorry my first jeep
Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mos11b
After closer research I also wants the same exact lift! Was going for the spacer lift but what the hell. LoL.... Did u order straight from aev? You dont need anything else for it to be problematic ? The lift comes with everything correct? Please post pics after the install. Sorry my first jeep
Ordered from Northridge 4x4.
Comes with almost everything, just had to order a y pipe as well to avoid rubbing issues.
Other then that, pretty much have everything covered. Pretty excited to receive it!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 686

Ordered from Northridge 4x4.
Comes with almost everything, just had to order a y pipe as well to avoid rubbing issues.
Other then that, pretty much have everything covered. Pretty excited to receive it!
Awesome thanks for the info! I ordered my LOD rear bumper and tire carrier from northridge and I feel you I cannot wait!

Sorry one other question the electronic sway bar disconnect and my axle locks on my Rubi , they will still work with this lift correct?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes because the sway bar drop links keep it at the correct angle. They are why I went with the AEV over the Rubicon Express lift.

The lockers are fine, too because the lift doesn't effect them at all.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3.5 premium dual sport whatever they call it now. Love it on road and off road.

I will be upgrading the front drive shaft with AEVs shortly since I torn the boot off road on the automatic tranny pan. This is common with the auto 07-11 JKs. Not sure about the 2012s.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2787844710.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	252388   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1295410354.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	252389  

Quick Reply: AEV Lifts