Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Lifts

Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Lifts

Anyone have any experience when the AEV suspension lifts for the jk ?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zenabi
Getting the 4.5" AEV Dualsport installed right now on my 2012, should be ready by Wednesday if you want to PM me later this week and ask me what I think. They're advertising it as having the Bilstein Remote Reservoir shocks, but those are actually unavailable until probably January so I went with the Elkas.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

In 2009 I originally had another lift on order from a 4x4 shop. I had the chance to take a demo ride with the AEV suspension engineer in a hemi equipped JK with the AEV 3.5 lift. I was blown away. I immediately cancelled the other order and bought an AEV 4.5 premium lift. I run 37s and have done Moab and lots of trails in CO. It is a great lift off road and fantastic on road. You cannot go wrong with AEV.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therza
In 2009 I originally had another lift on order from a 4x4 shop. I had the chance to take a demo ride with the AEV suspension engineer in a hemi equipped JK with the AEV 3.5 lift. I was blown away. I immediately cancelled the other order and bought an AEV 4.5 premium lift. I run 37s and have done Moab and lots of trails in CO. It is a great lift off road and fantastic on road. You cannot go wrong with AEV.
Good to hear. I'm a huge fan of the brand. The premium kits come with the high steer kit too.

I cannot wait to get mine back this week. Same configuration....4.5" on 37s.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to hear have you had any experience pulling a trailer with the AEV lift cause I plan on pulling my side by side. I was planning on going pretty much all AEV as far as lift, hood, an wheels and going with shrock works bumpers because of the options an aggressive look
Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Even though I have a 3.5 I love my AEV. I dont regret one thing
Old 10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to hear have you had any experience pulling a trailer with the AEV lift cause I plan on pulling my side by side. I was planning on going pretty much all AEV as far as lift, hood, an wheels and going with shrock works bumpers because of the options an aggressive look
Yes, sticking wtih AEV wheels is an easy choice as the backspacing is engineered for the lift. I run AEV wheels with my lift. The new black pintlers are really nice looking.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 4.5" premium on my 2011 Rubicon Unlimited and it is super nice. I use it as my daily driver back and forth from classes. It rides very nice on road and I have out it through it's paces off road. My next mod will be adjustable control arms, though.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered a AEV 2 inch spacer lift, I will post up after I install it, but from what I hear AEV are all high quality. I wheeled with a guy that had an AEV XJ and that was put together very well.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 85fr16
I just ordered a AEV 2 inch spacer lift, I will post up after I install it, but from what I hear AEV are all high quality. I wheeled with a guy that had an AEV XJ and that was put together very well.
Thinking about this as well... Tell us how it goes and post pics.

Quick Reply: AEV Lifts