Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Lift questions

Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Lift questions

I'm currently looking at installing a lift on my JK, I'm pretty much stop on the AEV dualsport XT 2.5 and well have a couples of questions:

1. I was thinking to not use the break bracket and just install new break line "3 to 6 inch lift" but I came across this from AEV FAQ:
It should also be noted that with aftermarket hoses you still have to find more length in the ABS wires to match them and that replacing the brake lines will also require a trip to the dealer to go through an electronic procedure required to properly bleed the brake system.

Special electronic procedure ? this is new to me, any one got a idea what is this ?

2. any one know how the shock handle low temperature ? up here we can get as low a -49f with wind factor, are the shock will still operate or it will be a complete ice block ?

3. I have a 2009, the instruction from AEV show a 2011 + brake lines, any one installed on a 2009 is there any break line issue ?

4. can you confirm the following FAQ from AEV ? I'm not looking at replacing my rim and bigger tire yet.
Yes, AEV’s 2.5” DualSport System is compatible with either the 16”, 17” or 18” factory JK wheels.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On your first question. No idea what they are talking about. I didn't want to use the drop brackets either so I went with longer brake lines. I don't see any particular reason why the ABS line and brake line have to be the same length. Also, no idea what sort of "electronic procedure" is required to bleed brakes. We did it at home. No big deal. Sounds like crazy talk.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pape
I'm currently looking at installing a lift on my JK, I'm pretty much stop on the AEV dualsport XT 2.5 and well
have a couples of questions:

1. I was thinking to not use the break bracket and just install new break line "3 to 6 inch lift" but I came across this from AEV FAQ:
It should also be noted that with aftermarket hoses you still have to find more length in the ABS wires to match them and that replacing the brake lines will also require a trip to the dealer to go through an electronic procedure required to properly bleed the brake system.

Special electronic procedure ? this is new to me, any one got a idea what is this ?

2. any one know how the shock handle low temperature ? up here we can get as low a -49f with wind factor, are the shock will still operate or it will be a complete ice block ?

3. I have a 2009, the instruction from AEV show a 2011 + brake lines, any one installed on a 2009 is there any break line issue ?

4. can you confirm the following FAQ from AEV ? I'm not looking at replacing my rim and bigger tire yet.
Yes, AEV’s 2.5” DualSport System is compatible with either the 16”, 17” or 18” factory JK wheels.

I run the 3.5 on my 08 Unlimited Rubicon and I'm just East of you in New Brunswick.

1. No idea what they are talking about.. I ran the extenders and no issues
2. No issues at all and we had a cold winter here! In fact it didn't feel stiff at all now that I think about it.. I think my old shocks were quite firm on cold days.
3. No issues on my 08
4. Installed fine my stock rims. Only issue was the rear sway bar I just had to install it inboard (mentioned in the instructions)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

You will be fine in low temps with those shocks. Wont have any abs line issues either. You will need spacers to run stock wheels. Get 2-3" brake lines from morris 4x4. You dont need longer ones. I have this exact setup its so much better than what I had before. Only thing I will say is that the brakes "seem" softer than before. This is a common complaint but there are no issues with it.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

thank you for your answer

Quick Reply: AEV Lift questions