Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev lift?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhaines
Ya, after a few months with cam bolts on is when the brackets came out. I got an email from AEV offering them as an upgrade at a good price, so I did. Now they come standard with the Premium kits. They do a good job at follow up research.
Did it make a big difference?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

question....

those running the kit on the 2 door. HOw are your stock drive shafts holding up? Reason i am asking is Dave told me the kit was engineered for stock drive shafts but with my TF 3" kit i blew out my drive shafts in less then a year. So i upgraded to tom woods shafts. PUt on the AEV kit and now all the pinion angles, brackets ect are screwed because they dont give you the proper pinion angle for a cv drive shaft...

so....if my 3" TF lift blew out my drive shaft. How is AEV's kit at 3.5" not doing the same. Dave told me he only heard of 2 shafts going bad on a 2 door with the kit..
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
AEV doesn't use cam bolts. They use brackets. They do have an adjustable upper arm coming out soon.
they don't now but only because of all the grief guys like me gave them for using them in the first place.

Originally Posted by voodoojk
question....

those running the kit on the 2 door. HOw are your stock drive shafts holding up? Reason i am asking is Dave told me the kit was engineered for stock drive shafts but with my TF 3" kit i blew out my drive shafts in less then a year. So i upgraded to tom woods shafts. PUt on the AEV kit and now all the pinion angles, brackets ect are screwed because they dont give you the proper pinion angle for a cv drive shaft...

so....if my 3" TF lift blew out my drive shaft. How is AEV's kit at 3.5" not doing the same. Dave told me he only heard of 2 shafts going bad on a 2 door with the kit..
with 3" of lift or more on a 2-door, it's just a matter of time before your factory rear drive shaft goes. this is irrelavant of who makes the lift as it has everything to do with how steep the angle of your rear drive shaft will be. this will put your cv boots in a constant state of pinch and will ultimately lead to their premature failure and subsequently, the failure of the bearings inside as well. if they've only heard of 2 shafts going bad on 2 doors, it just goes to prove they are totally out of touch on what really goes on in the JK world and/or, only 2 people with 2-doors have had their lift installed.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
they don't now but only because of all the grief guys like me gave them for using them in the first place.
I gave Dave a bunch of crap too. He didn't want to put my Teraflex lower adjustable arms in back in 08. He said it wouldn't make a difference. Then after the install the Jeep drove waaay better. I did have the High Steer Kit put in the same time, so I guess it could have helped too.

Now he doesn't want to do 5.38s in my Jeep, either.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:33 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I gave Dave a bunch of crap too. He didn't want to put my Teraflex lower adjustable arms in back in 08. He said it wouldn't make a difference. Then after the install the Jeep drove waaay better. I did have the High Steer Kit put in the same time, so I guess it could have helped too.
LOL!! well good and honestly, i'm glad to hear they listened to reason.

Now he doesn't want to do 5.38s in my Jeep, either.
well, depending on the kind of wheeling you do, i might not recommend 5.38's either but, for most people, i would as it is the correct ratio to go with when running 37's.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! well good and honestly, i'm glad to hear they listened to reason.

well, depending on the kind of wheeling you do, i might not recommend 5.38's either but, for most people, i would as it is the correct ratio to go with when running 37's.
Mine will see light off road.

I have another vehicle for extreme off road.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did it make a big difference?
Noticeable at least.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Any more info about the AEV lift?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

I fitted the full AEV kit after having OME kit, its bolts on perfectly, and mine is RHD, the engineering is first rate, along with instructions.
After fitting my front and rear axles were spot on, had it checked with 4 wheel laser system, i would fully recommend it anyone.
Theres only one system i know of that is better (IMHO), thats what i have now, full on Off road Evolution, there again its more expensive, but well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Aev lift?