Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev lift?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Is the adjustable trac bar really needed with the bracket? Also, the control arm brackets are suppose to take care of caster, so an adjustable control arm really isnt needed either... is it?
Where are you from in Montana I grew up in the Kalispell/Columbia Falls area
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bart12
Where are you from in Montana I grew up in the Kalispell/Columbia Falls area
Same place.

AEV is real close. Plus, Ive know Dave for over 10 years.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went with adj track bars because the alignment shop couldn't get the front/rear to track even. I am fine with the control arm brackets in the front, though they do lower you a little, I want rear arms to push the axle back to the center if the wheel well, that's just personal preference.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

many people are opposed to the cam bolts. Just add lower control arms.

but after that money spent on everything there are other "more complete" kits. for less.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rafi

but after that money spent on everything there are other "more complete" kits. for less.
Very true! I guess that's what I have been trying to say, there are more complete kits for less, it just depends on what you want.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rafi

AEV doesn't use cam bolts. They use brackets. They do have an adjustable upper arm coming out soon.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Same place.

AEV is real close. Plus, Ive know Dave for over 10 years.
Thats awesome you might be able to recommend so places to go play when I come back with the jeep during my summer leave.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

AEV doesn't use cam bolts. They use brackets. They do have an adjustable upper arm coming out soon.
A lot of us that bought AEV early got cam bolts with the kit. They later went to the drop brackets and added them in the kits.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mhaines
A lot of us that bought AEV early got cam bolts with the kit. They later went to the drop brackets and added them in the kits.
You are correct, but we are talking about the new premium kit. The early AEV kits were modified Superlift kits and had cam bolts. I had a early kit on my 08 too and yes it had cam bolts.

After about a month on the cam bolts, I went back to AEV and had Teraflex adjustable lowers put on. It made a huge differnce. I also did the high steer kit.

Last edited by kntr; 01-04-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

You are correct, but we are talking about the new premium kit. The early AEV kits were modified Superlift kits and had cam bolts. I had a early kit on my 08 too and yes it had cam bolts.

After about a month on the cam bolts, I went back to AEV and had Teraflex adjustable lowers put on. It made a huge differnce. I also did the high steer kit.
Ya, after a few months with cam bolts on is when the brackets came out. I got an email from AEV offering them as an upgrade at a good price, so I did. Now they come standard with the Premium kits. They do a good job at follow up research.

Quick Reply: Aev lift?