Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV JK250 and Axles

Old 11-15-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the 4.10s. If available, do 4.56. I have 3.73s running with 33"s and although doable it suffers off-road at high altitude. I'll be re-gearing with the next set of tires. Also, AEV is selling a package, not just a suspension as alluded to above. A big part of that "package" is the AEV name. AEV is very protective of its reputation. They won't let a slug roll out their doors wearing their name, hence the insistence on the re-gear.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be that 35s and 3.73s cause the transmission to "hunt" for the right gear causing excessive wear. Idk that for a fact but who knows what jeep engineers have told them and they do have to warranty this since u bought this package. I personally wouldn't want higher than 4.10s.

Quick Reply: AEV JK250 and Axles