Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV JK200 upgrade

Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV JK200 upgrade

Has anyone taken their JK to AEV for the upgrade package after you have purchased your vehicle? I've been collecting all my AEV parts and seems simpler just to take it in and get the actual package.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is simpler, but not less expensive. One nice thing about do it yourself is that you'll know how it goes together. This will help with 1) spotting when something is not right and 2) repairs.

Now, if the Jeep will never be off road or used/abused, it my be a moot point.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
It is simpler, but not less expensive. One nice thing about do it yourself is that you'll know how it goes together. This will help with 1) spotting when something is not right and 2) repairs.

Now, if the Jeep will never be off road or used/abused, it my be a moot point.
I figure the extra cost could be recouped during resale. I've already blown my original budget for a clean used Rubi because I drove the new motor the day before I picked up the Used Rubi. I had to have the new motor. So I figure the white gauges and proper tagging will make a difference in my head.
I'm a mechanic and the last thing that I want to do is work on my own vehicle. I have my wife's Liberty if I want to work on something, there's always something on it.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a mechanic too, but would rather work on my Jeep instead if the wife's car. I doubt you'll get much of a return on the labor cost when you sell the Jeep. If you really want the AEV dash cluster and window banner then you'll have to pay for the install.

Quick Reply: AEV JK200 upgrade