Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets, Are they worth it?

Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4LCKD10RUBIUNLTD
you be the judge...

Nice rig! Have you found any limitations to your AEV/RK set up?
Old 12-17-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Foxc
Do you gain articulation with the aev brackets if you use them together with adjustable lca's? Or is it just about the adjustability...or i guess both??
I dont see myself on any "JKX" type trail. I want a jk to be able to explore desert trails and do some mild- to- medium crawling.
Just a hair bit more than stock arms since there are flex joints at the axle end of arm; but no more than without brackets.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
I will put upper adj Rock Krawler CA's on to match my RK LCA's when that occurs and take the brackets off.
I'm kind of interested in what it would be like to run my JK with adj front upper/lower control arms (vs. these drop brackets, which is all I know). I just finished my second summer with these drop brackets, and they're still holding up well (even after multiple drops/slides on them).

I'm getting held up on the cost of switching. It looks like it'd cost ~$600 to switch to adj front uppers/lowers. That's the equivalent of having completely ruined/replaced these brackets 6x.

I like playing around on rocks, but I'm def. not a rock killer. The biggest stuff I get to do is Uwharrie National Forest, and black trails at Rausch Creek (with the occasional red trail, like the end of Cemetery), and that's only about once a month during the warmer months. I'm guessing for that type of wheeling, I'm probably better off staying with the brackets. I'll revisit that thought if I start to have any problems with them.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

i know these are recomended for a 3.5 and uper lifts, but will they work with a 2.5 BB ??
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xavier lord
i know these are recomended for a 3.5 and uper lifts, but will they work with a 2.5 BB ??
I don't think so. If you lookup these brackets on Quadratech's site, you can download the installation instructions. At the end of the instructions, there is a test you can do (basically, measure the distance between two things) to see if the brackets will work on your JK. Maybe give that a whirl!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have these on my RC 2.5 lift with 1in spacers. My Jeep was pretty sketchy on road and these fixed all my problems. I think it drives better than stock now. I dont see the big concern of hitting these on a rock. If anything it is stronger than the mount on the stock arm because it ties both the upper and lower arms together with 2 plates of 1/4in steel. If I did beat them up too badly I could just buy a new set for $100, not really that big of a deal.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how are these brackets holding up I'm thinking about getting them myself Quadratec says it's not available I wonder if there's an issue with them.thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gunbo75
So how are these brackets holding up I'm thinking about getting them myself Quadratec says it's not available I wonder if there's an issue with them.thanks
Ask Dave at Northridge4x4.com
Free shipping over $100

I will be honest. I had them for over 2 years and it drove great on road and off. I just recently took them off after getting upper control arms to go along with my lower Rock Krawler control arms. At first it appeared no difference. After about 5 miles, I noticed that it drive more like a lifted vehicle and not as sporty as a stock height Jeep. I feel the expansion joints and bumps a little more without them. It's a trade off for more ground clearance to not have them. Like previously said, you can still do some bad ass trails with them on just pick your lines a little more conservatively.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also heard that you can keep your front stock drive shaft is that true
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gunbo75
I also heard that you can keep your front stock drive shaft is that true
2.5 lift or less. Any higher, it will hit exhaust crossover/trans skid at full articulation.

Quick Reply: AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets, Are they worth it?