Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets, Are they worth it?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets, Are they worth it?

Has anyone used the AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets? I was looking at them and wondering if they make that much a difference and are worth trying. Also would they work on a 4" lift.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...od=AEV-20410AA

any input would be appreciated...

Thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been researching these also. I'm willing to lose a little bit of clearance under the mounts since most of my driving is on-road and a ride improvement would be nice.

It looks to me like they'll fit pretty much any lift 4-6" (they'll fit any using the stock mounts, but those are close to the parameters listed in their instructions).

I'm just waiting on a few more tested opinions before I pull the trigger.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

For a suspension lft that is sold as a complete system, the AEV Nth degree suspension is missing some major parts (no adjustable control arms). These brackets are an afterthought item that addresses the lack of adjustable control arms. Buy a complete lift that includes adjustable control arms and you don't need more brackets to worry about coming loose.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

AEV Steering Kit

This works pretty good. I got no complaints with a 3" lift.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at adjustable control arms and they are EXPENSIVE, i'd rather have a decent fix to my caster issues than drop that much cash on the new arms.

300-400 + for those arms

100.00 for the aev kit more my speed right now...

I will order them and post on them when i install them and give them a whirl.

thanks,

ryan

Last edited by RyanBlack321; 08-07-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
For a suspension lft that is sold as a complete system, the AEV Nth degree suspension is missing some major parts (no adjustable control arms). These brackets are an afterthought item that addresses the lack of adjustable control arms. Buy a complete lift that includes adjustable control arms and you don't need more brackets to worry about coming loose.
My caster and pinion angle are perfect. I don't need new arms right now. I have fixed Skyjacker lowers and stock uppers. These brackets correct a different issue than adjustable arms; an issue that is only otherwise corrected with a long-arm kit.

Ryan, thanks for taking the leap. Looking forward to seeing an update.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

I running them and they made a huge difference! My jeep wandered on the freeway after the lift and tires. Installed these brackets and now it drives close to stock. After dropping a bunch of dough on a lift, wheels, and tires...I didn't have the cash to fork out on control arms. I figured I would run these for a year or so and then upgrade to adjustable CA's if needed. I think people make too big of deal about the lost clearance.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

I have them and they keep the Jeep running much like stock. There purpose is to help the springs absorb the impacts rather than the control....which transfers the force to the frame. By keeping the lower control arms as close to perpendicular to the road surface it transfers the impact up and into the spring & shocks.

I like them. They came included with my 4.5" AEV Premium kit. I also run the Monster Arms from Teraflex for the adjustability... My alignment is to within factory specs. It drives great.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I look forward to trying them...

My passenger side spring is bowed a little bit and I was told it was slightly due to caster issues. Does that sound about right?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had mine on over a week now and they made a HUGE difference..... Much happier with this 100 dollar purchase over expensive adj. control arms.

My caster is right a 7 deg. and it really made the driveability so much better!

Great product, install was not too hard and the brackets are beefy!

A+ for me

Quick Reply: AEV JK Front Control Arm Brackets, Are they worth it?