Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev heat reduction hood worth it?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my hood through quadratec and it came packaged really well and the paint was spot on. It's easy to mount but it really helps to have a second person helping with the install. I did it by myself and as I was mounting the hood the outer edges rubbed on the sides of the jeep leaving about half inch scratches on each side . As for heat reduction I didn't have overheating problems before but I figured since I tow a small camper it couldn't hurt plus like everyone else says it looks badass! Also one last thing if you order through Quadratec you need to open the package and inspect the hood before signing for it from the delivery man. If anything is wrong with it you decline the shipment that way it gets shipped back to Quadratec without any hassles.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the hood. My neighbor a few doors down has a MW3 JKU, so I see it often and want to get it eventually. I'm hoping to talk her into a hood swap deal + cash...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I do not have one myself but know them to be of high quality. Chrysler does use them on the Call Of Dutys.
The Chrysler "Power Dome" AEV Hood is not the same as the AEV Heat Reduction Hood. The AEV HRH has a large vent below the cowl where as the Chrysler version does not and is solid.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's my understanding that the Power Dome hood is the AEV hood without the vents. I believe you can purchase the vents from AEV and install them if you want to.

That being said, I've never seen anything other than the AEV website that claims any actual gains. AEV's site claims a 5 degree engine coolant drop on a "15-mile grade with very high engine RPMs, high ambient temperatures, and high loads".

That's a whole lotta cash for a couple degrees.

Quick Reply: Aev heat reduction hood worth it?