Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Heat Reduction Hood

Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronin2120

I completely agree with you, but when wheeling most often your moving at a slow speed so there generally is a lack of air pushing from the front of the Jeep. Without having that air pushing from the front the hot air would rise up and out through any vents that a hood would have. This is just my opinion but from my experience with my AEV hood and wheeling I see a lot of heat rising out of the vents.
Your radiator fan pushes air back over the engine ...even at slow speeds...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Namtaru
What, if any, difference is there in terms of water getting under the hood between the PSC add-on and the AEV Hood?

It seems like the PSC would let rain just drip all over the engine, but then again I have never seen either in person
Does it matter if the engine gets wet? Nope. I spray mine with a hose every time I wash my Jeep! Your engine also has an insulated plastic cover, it'll let water roll off the engine and down onto the ground. Remember, when you're driving through a rain storm the radiator fan is blowing water all over the engine, it won't hurt a thing.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This steam came out right after crossing a 4~5" puddle... so, obviously, water gets in.
The steam was much thicker than in the picture, which was taken after it mostly subsided.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-09 - Pics - אדים מתא המנ.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	453071

The lights were turned on for making the steam more visible.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-01-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV hood with the snorkel - couldn't be happier. The snorkel takes up one of the side vents, but it gets good, clean air to the engine. I run into a lot more dust from dry roads around here than high water by a long shot. It's unbelievable how much dirt, bugs, etc., gets into the canister. The engine does get wet in rain and when you wash it, but it gives me an excuse to pop the hood and take a look around.

Quick Reply: AEV Heat Reduction Hood