Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Heat Reduction Hood

Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LuckyJK
on my jeep, was at a hotel in VA. They got my doors to, crazy cause they climbed over all my military gear worth a lot. It was obvious they knew what they was doing.
That just sucks.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownF1
Those look great, guys! I have a '13 Moab; no vents. It makes for a nice bird bath when it rains...
Same here. Have you looked into having a body shop install the vents? We certainly shouldn't have to, but may be the best solution.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I third that ! I have been thinking about taking a dremel to my own hood, How hard can it be? I think I may buy the inserts from Quadratec make a template and see if I can scribe where the cuts will be then maybe use a good epoxy to hold them in or just tach bolts to where they need to be held .....touch up raw metal ...no one will be the wiser but me....will have to remove and/or cut the insulation under the hood. The puddle is a small annoyance ...I just would like to have the vents. While I'm at it ...I may even throw in a channel for water to flow to the sides for drainage.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome pics! Those jeeps look amazing with the AEV hood, I knew I could count on the forum for pics and feedback. I also like the idea of finding a local dealer, I'll be making that call next week.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1LuckyJK
Basically some one stole my hood so I got the insurance to pay for an AEV hood instead of stock. Was thinking about trading my AEV hood for a stock white hood plus cash and switching to the PSC hood louver. Still undecided since not many people I have seen have it and it really looks good.
where did someone steal your hood at here in Clearwater? This place does have its sketchy areas for sure. I'm going with the PSC louver myself.

EDIT: nevermind just saw where you said in VA. That sucks!

Last edited by hagausaf; 04-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hagausaf
where did someone steal your hood at here in Clearwater? This place does have its sketchy areas for sure. I'm going with the PSC louver myself.

EDIT: nevermind just saw where you said in VA. That sucks!
Yep thats VA...We are keeping it classy up here. Geez people, sorry to hear that about your jeep man
Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Installed the Rampage Hood Lock...Still looks good...
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12 Arctic Unlimited
Installed the Rampage Hood Lock...Still looks good...
Looks good bro
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

If things work out, I'll be picking one of these up for mine next week. I am concerned with doing damage to the paint removing the factory hinges to install on the new one. So to those of you who purchased the painted version and installed it yourself, was it an issue? Would you recommend purchasing the unpainted version and having a body shop paint and install? My JK is silver so I can't really hide anything and for the price, I want it to be perfect.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07blacksahara
Pay $150 or $1300 take ur pic they have the same function basically
Yeah...but looks alot better...

Quick Reply: AEV Heat Reduction Hood