Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV geometry correction brackets?

Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
I was leaning toward getting them, and after reading the last few posts I went ahead and ordered them. Sounds like they will do exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for all the quick responses!!
Damn I would have sold you mind and saved you some money
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy with them.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

I would install the lift first. Read your caster numbers and drive it. Do they work ?
Yes. Combat flighty steering by increasing caster and flatten out the arms for Better handling.
Do you wheel ? If clearance is a issue, adjustable lowers might be a better choice.

Now with that being said. If you want a drop bracket... Go with Rancho's version.
These are getting some good reviews. Couple AEV folks choosing the Rancho's over their own.

Compact, 1 piece and mount inside the factory mounts. I ran the AEV's and now the Rancho's
Better bracket IMO

Old 01-11-2014, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In order to install the bracket on the passenger side you will have to pry away the exhaust Y-pipe. The easiest way to do so is to put the factory scissor jack between the pipe and the frame. The strain on the Y-pipe will stress your exhaust manifold which has the potential to crack. It happened to me. If it happens to you, you will hear a ticking noise from the engine especially when the manifold is still cold.

In the meantime I have installed stainless steel headers and next time I would opt for adjustable LCAs. No hassle with the Y-pipe and more ground clearance.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sebastian
In order to install the bracket on the passenger side you will have to pry away the exhaust Y-pipe. The easiest way to do so is to put the factory scissor jack between the pipe and the frame. The strain on the Y-pipe will stress your exhaust manifold which has the potential to crack. It happened to me. If it happens to you, you will hear a ticking noise from the engine especially when the manifold is still cold.

In the meantime I have installed stainless steel headers and next time I would opt for adjustable LCAs. No hassle with the Y-pipe and more ground clearance.
I think this was only on the 3.8, I have the 3.6 and they routed the exhaust different.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I would install the lift first. Read your caster numbers and drive it. Do they work ?
Yes. Combat flighty steering by increasing caster and flatten out the arms for Better handling.
Do you wheel ? If clearance is a issue, adjustable lowers might be a better choice.

Now with that being said. If you want a drop bracket... Go with Rancho's version.
These are getting some good reviews. Couple AEV folks choosing the Rancho's over their own.

Compact, 1 piece and mount inside the factory mounts. I ran the AEV's and now the Rancho's
Better bracket IMO

So i ordered the AEV brackets right before I read your post on here. After I saw your post I did al little more research about the ranchos, and I saw tons of good stuff. I think I'm going to order those instead. Hopefully quadratec won't give me any problems canceling my order.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

So i ordered the AEV brackets right before I read your post on here. After I saw your post I did al little more research about the ranchos, and I saw tons of good stuff. I think I'm going to order those instead. Hopefully quadratec won't give me any problems canceling my order.
Say it was your birthday. Unbeknown-your GF,Wife, long lost brother-bought you a set already.
Hold up and I'll post a link for the Rancho's cheaper.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this was only on the 3.8, I have the 3.6 and they routed the exhaust different.
Aha, very good then. And yes, the Rancho brackets are stronger. So if you still have a choice I would go for Ranchos as well.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Say it was your birthday. Unbeknown-your GF,Wife, long lost brother-bought you a set already.
Hold up and I'll post a link for the Rancho's cheaper.
Haha yea sounds about right.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/ranc...FYdQ7AodVB8AJQ

People I know on WF called QT and they price matched the $120

Quick Reply: AEV geometry correction brackets?