Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV geometry correction brackets?

Old 01-11-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV geometry correction brackets?

I will be installing my RK 2.5 lift on my 13 2 door rubi next weekend and was wondering if installing these would make a difference in the ride with that set up? Im looking to get the best ride possible, also going with the bilstien 5100's.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have these with a 3" lift on a 4 door and I love them. To date it has been one of best additions after lifting my jeep. The steering is a lot more solid and the ride is also not as harsh as it tends to use the springs and shocks instead of absorbing the hits closer to the frame. I am a fan so I hope they work for you
Old 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Which Rk Lift? If it includes Front Lower Control Arms, than no, they are not needed. You could still use them, but you are defeating the purpose of the adjustability of the LCA'a.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by artayay
Which Rk Lift? If it includes Front Lower Control Arms, than no, they are not needed. You could still use them, but you are defeating the purpose of the adjustability of the LCA'a.
Nope just going with the stock mod atm, might upgrade eventually but the brackets seem like a pretty good way to help fix a few things including driveshaft angle and better ride.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

They have worked good for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-11-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them and they were installed later in my quest to improve my on road ride. I can tell you without a doubt, they make a noticeable improvement.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

I installed them a few months ago and can agree with earlier posters ...the front end feels less flighty and steering is more precise ..also bumps in road are much less jarring.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

I was leaning toward getting them, and after reading the last few posts I went ahead and ordered them. Sounds like they will do exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for all the quick responses!!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

OK, then yes, if sticking w Stock Lowers, than these will help you get back close to Stock Geometry, obvi..
They do cause your frameside mounts to hang lower, so if heading offroad, just watch where you place any obstacles, before you get to know where things are.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
I was leaning toward getting them, and after reading the last few posts I went ahead and ordered them. Sounds like they will do exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for all the quick responses!!
will defiantly stabilize the steering and get rid of the flighty feel, but I would recommend look at Rancho, much beefier and solid especially if doing any off-road.

Quick Reply: AEV geometry correction brackets?