Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Gen 2 Snorkle does NOT fit into Original Air box HELP

Old 09-28-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Gen 2 Snorkle does NOT fit into Original Air box HELP

Good day, well not so good.

I recently purchase the AEV Gen 2 Snorkel for a 2010 JKU Rubicon. The problem I'm having is that it does not fit into the opening of the Original Air Box. It is way to big. I even try trimming it a little to see if it will fit but I ended up braking the Original Air Box.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Any Advice?

Help!!

Thank you
Old 09-28-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

You removed the factory air inlet, correct?

Last edited by Tripletsi; 09-28-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
You removed the factory air inlet correct?
Yes.

The problem is that I got the wrong snorkel. The one for the 3.6

I'm screw now.
If the box from AEV, the Instruction or some paper inside the box would state for what Engine the snorkel was I would not had this problem.

Also the Shipping Invoice I got only stated the part number order but not for what engine.

Lesson learned.

Last edited by Tuto; 09-28-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who did you purchase the snorkel from?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

From a well know vendor. A sponsor here but I rather not say to avoid any problems.

I just checked my emails and the Shipping Invoice only has the Part Number and no references to the engine type, I also found the email with the Sale Invoice and it does read that it is for the 3.6 Engine but I did not see that email only the Shipping one.

Like I mentioned before if the Box from AEV, the Instructions or some paper inside the box will state for what Engine the snorkel is for I would not had this problem.

Last edited by Tuto; 09-28-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry about problems and feel free to state the vendor here that you did business with. Surely they will make this right for you

Last edited by k0260; 09-28-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by k0260
Don't worry about problems and feel free to state the vendor here that you did business with. Surely they will make this right for you
Thank you.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuto
Thank you.
Contact the vendor ASAP. Give them the chance to make it right. Then come back here and tell how you made a mistake because of unclear materials, but the vendor worked with you to straighten things out. Honest, these vendors work hard to please folks, given the chance.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuto
From a well know vendor. A sponsor here but I rather not say to avoid any problems.

I just checked my emails and the Shipping Invoice only has the Part Number and no references to the engine type, I also found the email with the Sale Invoice and it does read that it is for the 3.6 Engine but I did not see that email only the Shipping one.

Like I mentioned before if the Box from AEV, the Instructions or some paper inside the box will state for what Engine the snorkel is for I would not had this problem.
I bought the same snorkel from a major vendor, and before doing so shopped at several major vendor sites. Each site I visited was extremely clear that there are different model snorkels for different engines. Do not blame the vendor for this error. The box from AEV is marked with the model number for the snorkel, two model numbers, two engines; pretty simple.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
I bought the same snorkel from a major vendor, and before doing so shopped at several major vendor sites. Each site I visited was extremely clear that there are different model snorkels for different engines. Do not blame the vendor for this error. The box from AEV is marked with the model number for the snorkel, two model numbers, two engines; pretty simple.
Dear kmrtsn,

I'm not blaming anybody. That is why I did not mentioned the Vendor.

Please read my follow up comment

Like I mentioned before if the Box from AEV, the Instructions or some paper inside the box will state for what Engine the snorkel is for I would not had this problem

Quick Reply: AEV Gen 2 Snorkle does NOT fit into Original Air box HELP