Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev front bumper, rockhard rear for my 2010 Rubicon

Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aev front bumper, rockhard rear for my 2010 Rubicon

I am looking at front and rear bumpers for my 2010 2dr rubicon. I have looked at many different options out there and am hoping for advice on how well these choices will stand up in durability and in the case of the rear staying solid and non rattling. I will be carring water on the rear and that is why I think the rockhard will work. Would love to hear pros and cons from those experienced Jeep owners. I am a novice as this is my first.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

I got the milspec AEV front bumper on my 2010 rubi, and will wait and search more for the rear. I considered the rockhard rear bumper, but it doesn't match the body lines of the JK. That is my opinion.

Sorry not much help on rattle and reliability.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default I got the milspec AEV front bumper

I also like the looks of the milspec bumper but wondered about retaining crash cans and warrenty issues. As for the rear I am looking for flexibility in backcountry camping in the desert. I like the idea of being able to haul water and gear outside of my jeep. Hoping the rockhard is a fit for my needs.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

To be honest with you, i never thought about the crush cans or warranty, i have had the jeep for less than 2 months and already put 9000 miles on it. Between my 100 mile commute and offroading, i am thinking that i will be out of a warranty before july of next year.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

I recently installed a Rock Hard rear with tire carrier. The only problem I have is that the latch for the swing away tire carrier rattles a little - not bad but I am on paved roads most of the time. I have tried to adjust it, but no luck. I am going to keep it because frankly, my JK is a bit of a pavement queen, but if I was serious about off-roading, do some searching here and I think you find some good posts about this very thing.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default rock hard bumper rattle

Thanks for the info, I thought the rock hard would fill the needs of carring extra water and a cooler for backcountry camping but will look to others as well. So many options and companies to search I only wish I could actually get hands on feel before I spend the money.

Quick Reply: aev front bumper, rockhard rear for my 2010 Rubicon