Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev dualsport lift 2.5"...

Old 09-18-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lonewolf-you are right that the TF coils will allow you more droop and articulation and yes they do sag over a period of years, almost all coils will. Aev springs are a progressive rate spring so weight doesn't have the same effect on them. Also they are a triple rate spring so the more weight on them the more they push back. I have heavy bumpers and still netted 3+ inches of lift. If you dont have a need to rock crawl and your jeep is a daily driver this is hands down the perfect lift.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default AEV Lift

Thanks to all for a good thread read.

I have a 2.5" Old Man Emu on the 4Dr and while stiff as corpse for the first year or so, it has worked in really nicely and is now an awesome ride for a big vehicle. Totally recommend it. But for the 2Dr, since its lighter, I'm leary of it taking a grotesque amount of time to soften up. Being that the 2Dr is also my DD, I'll be going with the AEV 2.5".

Thanks again to all for the input!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue project
Lonewolf-you are right that the TF coils will allow you more droop and articulation and yes they do sag over a period of years, almost all coils will. Aev springs are a progressive rate spring so weight doesn't have the same effect on them. Also they are a triple rate spring so the more weight on them the more they push back. I have heavy bumpers and still netted 3+ inches of lift. If you dont have a need to rock crawl and your jeep is a daily driver this is hands down the perfect lift.
Where did you see that TF coils allow more droop and articulation ?

Droop is related to shocks travel length and dual rate or triple rate springs (like AEV) allow a better extended lenght than a progressive or constant rate spring.

Quick Reply: aev dualsport lift 2.5"...