Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev corner guards and flush mount tail lights

Old 04-17-2015, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev corner guards and flush mount tail lights

Has anyone fitted a pair of flush mount led tail lights with the aev corner guards? Im talking about the aev corners with the stock tail light cut outs. Id like to see pics if at all possible. Love my aev corners but the stock lights stick out way too much, read to get crushed on a rock or tree, again!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just bumping this up in hopes someone with the experience sees it.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell those and then buy the AEV builder corners. They'll bolt right on to what you have and you can easily put in whatever lights you want. You'll have to trim some sheet metal so everything is flat, but that's about it.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Or, check out the lights metalcloak has. Those might fit.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Or, check out the lights metalcloak has. Those might fit.
I was actually hoping i would find someone that used that combo. I emailed MC awhile back and they hadnt had any experience with it yet. I heard that the ORO ones work. I wish they werent plastic housings on those
Old 04-20-2015, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Check what genright does to aev corners. Too expensive but looks good.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MangoWilly
Has anyone fitted a pair of flush mount led tail lights with the aev corner guards? Im talking about the aev corners with the stock tail light cut outs. Id like to see pics if at all possible. Love my aev corners but the stock lights stick out way too much, read to get crushed on a rock or tree, again!
Actually look for anyone that is running the Poison Spyder corners. Because they are just the AEV corners with more metal welded on to cover the fender. Quite seriously... PS buys the AEV corners and mods them.

Anyway, yes there are a lot of flush mount options out there that work. Just decided what you want and then what size hole you need to cut. I want to say 4" round is pretty standard.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

The aev rep at a local four wheel store was actually telling me that they sell their stamped corners to poison spyder and then PS tweaks them a lil bit. I would imagine that aev probably even stamps them with the extra length for the PS crusher corners(i believe thats what theyre called)? I liked the pricepoint of the aev corners since they came powder coated in that nice aev texture and at the time wasnt planning on running anything other than the stock taillight.
Wish the oro housings werent just plastic, they look really good and i hear they will fit good with the aev corners
Old 05-06-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MangoWilly
The aev rep at a local four wheel store was actually telling me that they sell their stamped corners to poison spyder and then PS tweaks them a lil bit. I would imagine that aev probably even stamps them with the extra length for the PS crusher corners(i believe thats what theyre called)? I liked the pricepoint of the aev corners since they came powder coated in that nice aev texture and at the time wasnt planning on running anything other than the stock taillight.
Wish the oro housings werent just plastic, they look really good and i hear they will fit good with the aev corners
No, AEV only has the two corners. They are hydro formed and it is not possible to add length to the side (starts as a round metal disc probably 20" in diameter). A stamping die would be very expensive and PSC doesn't sell enough corner armor to justify it. In fact, I believe that is why they never released a 3/16" version or aluminum. Too expensive to stamp and hydro-forming that thickness is tricky.

All PSC does is weld 1/8" sheet to the builder corner. I was actually going to do that on my build (way cheaper than PSC and I don't want the bolt holes and cutouts). It would take me maybe an hour to weld the two parts together and grind smooth. You'd never know it was two pieces. I priced it out and it would be less than $300 to make the PSC corners.

It's sort of like the RK Pro Tie Rod. They sell it for $525 or the ends for $200. You can buy the machined aluminum many places for about $120. So, save $200 and you don't even have to do a thing but place a second order.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Invest2m4, have you done the DIY aluminum tie rod? I would be interested in where you got the parts or if there is a write up floating around??

Quick Reply: Aev corner guards and flush mount tail lights