Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV bumper touch up and alternate wrinkle paints...

Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV bumper touch up and alternate wrinkle paints...

Have some scuffs, AEV sells a 16 oz aerosol can for $14.99, has anyone else used something else with good matching results.
aev-conversions.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60306010AA"]https://secure.aev-conversions.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60306010AA[/URL]

I'd rather not bedlin it. Only dealing with superficial surface scuffs which will not buff out.

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-24-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Please refrain from posting direct links to companies who are not sponsors of Project-JK.com
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use the AEV stuff on my AEV front and rear bumpers and it is great. Perfect match and sets fairly quick, seems thick too.

I highly suggest it.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyT
I use the AEV stuff on my AEV front and rear bumpers and it is great. Perfect match and sets fairly quick, seems thick too.

I highly suggest it.
How does it blend or did you have to spray the entire bumper over again?

I really only have scuffs from the bumper sitting around in the garage, no chips or thickness to make up.

I ordered up 3 cans from AEV yesterday, I hope that will be enough....
Old 03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just spray it in the spot where it was scratched or gouged and it seems to blend well without doing anything else. I'll post up some pics this week of my mods to the rear bumper to install the camera as I get some pics uploaded and I'll send you the link.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyT
I just spray it in the spot where it was scratched or gouged and it seems to blend well without doing anything else. I'll post up some pics this week of my mods to the rear bumper to install the camera as I get some pics uploaded and I'll send you the link.
cool, let's see it...

Quick Reply: AEV bumper touch up and alternate wrinkle paints...