Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Bumper - Replacing lights

Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Bumper - Replacing lights

How much of a pain is it to replace main headlights with the bumper on with a winch. Seems like the grill has almost no tolerance to move once the screws come out and will have to be bent to pull a headlight out.

Anyone have experience ?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to loosen the bolts holding the bumper. For the future though you could always trim the tabs off the bottom of the grill so that you don't need it to pull away from the body at the bottom.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my main gripe The above poster is right I cut of my bottom tabs but still its so damn tight
Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattymat04
This is my main gripe The above poster is right I cut of my bottom tabs but still its so damn tight
This is true of most winch bumpers since they tend to place the winch up tight against the grille.

Quick Reply: AEV Bumper - Replacing lights