Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev bumper installed on my sahara

Old 04-18-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bondigger,
Yes, it looks good. I am just a fan of Stubby bumpers, so I will be making something that resembles the stock bumper cut to be a stubby. Kind of like my write-up on plastic-welding the stock one....

Everybody,
The crush-cans have absolutely no affect on the airbags. The airbag-modules are just little boxes in the engine compartment that have a pedulum-switch inside of them. The crush-cans are exactly as they sound, when you have a low-speed frontal impact the cans crush in order to absorb some of the impact-force. You don't have to use them in other bumpers, because everyone else's bumpers are made from thicker metal and would not bend upon impact; Unless the impact was extremely severe!
AEV decided to cut the weight on their bumper by making it from thinner material, and so the crush-cans are recommended to do their intended function of absorbing impact-force; But they are not necessary...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey man, it looks awesome!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

so your saying the AEV bumper isnt as solid as others... i dont know about you, but if im getting an after market bumper for that much, i want to be able to hit a deer and it not do anything to my front end
Old 04-18-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

are there places for a d-ring mount?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bofer84
so your saying the AEV bumper isnt as solid as others... i dont know about you, but if im getting an after market bumper for that much, i want to be able to hit a deer and it not do anything to my front end
this bumper is very solid it is very well built
Old 04-18-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MoombaMR20
are there places for a d-ring mount?
yeah I just haven't order them yet. they not only hold a d-ring but they can be used with the mopar tow-bar. there is also a skid plate that I haven't order yet too.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read in a previous post that your tires rubbed on the front bumper do they rub on your new one?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBAR741028
I read in a previous post that your tires rubbed on the front bumper do they rub on your new one?
nope they don't rub any more and I tried to get them to but they don't
Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Bonedigger, Sorry I missed you in MOAB, nice bumper, I ordered my Jeep in October and my bumper in April. Jeep has not come in yet, 89 days on D status AEV bumper came in yesterday. Papabear
Old 04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by papabear
Bonedigger, Sorry I missed you in MOAB, nice bumper, I ordered my Jeep in October and my bumper in April. Jeep has not come in yet, 89 days on D status AEV bumper came in yesterday. Papabear
sorry I missed you too. I kept running into other forum members who said they were out on trails with you during the day. sounds like you had a good time.

Quick Reply: aev bumper installed on my sahara