Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev bumper installed on my sahara

Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aev bumper installed on my sahara

I recieved my aev bumper on monday here are a couple of pics
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

You were killing me before with the pics in Moab, and now your REALLY killing me with these. Looks awesome. How did you deal with the crush-cans during the instal?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonedigger
I recieved my aev bumper on monday here are a couple of pics

Looks Great!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Digger,
Great rig, I've been admiring it for a while and plan a similar set up! Are you pleased with the bumper? Quality, weight, installation etc? And now that it's own is there a way to fill the gap between the bumper and the bottom of the fender flare to keep shat from flowing through while wheeling?
Nice choice of color and bumper!
B~
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice, very very nice!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
You were killing me before with the pics in Moab, and now your REALLY killing me with these. Looks awesome. How did you deal with the crush-cans during the instal?
To be honest I didn't install the crush cans I didn't see the reason for installing them.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luckie44
Digger,
Great rig, I've been admiring it for a while and plan a similar set up! Are you pleased with the bumper? Quality, weight, installation etc? And now that it's own is there a way to fill the gap between the bumper and the bottom of the fender flare to keep shat from flowing through while wheeling?
Nice choice of color and bumper!
B~
Thanks,
I am very pleased with the bumper the quality is #1 and the installation was really easy (especially since I didn't install the crush cans). as for the gap I don't really see any way of filling it or the need to.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Best looking bumper so far I have seen.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default errrrrrr!

My favorite looking bumper, but was about to write AEV off based on the install horror stories I have read..... true wrenchers taking a full day or more + having to bring to welder and grinding involved, crush can nightmares but you made it sound like it was a piece of cake.... So is a triple barrel axle jump for an olympic figure skater so forgive me for asking but "easy install" for the average Joe or easy install for a guy that lives, breaths and eats JEEP wranglers, wrenches hours per week etc...

Your jeep and bumper look great....

Crush cans, is there no need for them, do they have any affect of the airbag etc if not reinstalled? Thanks and sorry in advnace if thats a dumb question...

also THANK you so much for posting pics,

Originally Posted by bonedigger
To be honest I didn't install the crush cans I didn't see the reason for installing them.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickfluff
My favorite looking bumper, but was about to write AEV off based on the install horror stories I have read..... true wrenchers taking a full day or more + having to bring to welder and grinding involved, crush can nightmares but you made it sound like it was a piece of cake.... So is a triple barrel axle jump for an olympic figure skater so forgive me for asking but "easy install" for the average Joe or easy install for a guy that lives, breaths and eats JEEP wranglers, wrenches hours per week etc...

Your jeep and bumper look great....

Crush cans, is there no need for them, do they have any affect of the airbag etc if not reinstalled? Thanks and sorry in advnace if thats a dumb question...

also THANK you so much for posting pics,
I have been wrenching on jeeps for 17 years but I consider myself a backyard mechanic and it took about 5 hours to install I thought the instructions were pretty straight forward and easy to understand.
as for the crush cans after looking at the whole set up (and the fact that no other bumper manufacturers are using them) they aren't needed I just put in some washers that made up for the spacing

Quick Reply: aev bumper installed on my sahara