Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV brackets + aftermarket control arms = _________?

Old 02-09-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to replace your control arms, why not get adjustable? From what I have been told by people that works on Jeeps all day long, and sell both TeraFlex and Rock Krawler, Rock Krawler has better bushings and ball ends and they recommend them for that reason. But I believe RK are more $ than TF.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

The main reason I wanted the teraflex sport was for maintenance free and because I keep hearing the rock krawler arms move the axles too much and cause issues with springs rubbing stuff... I have the coil wedges in the rear already and the rear track bar bracket...
Old 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Red_Hog_2013
The main reason I wanted the teraflex sport was for maintenance free and because I keep hearing the rock krawler arms move the axles too much and cause issues with springs rubbing stuff... I have the coil wedges in the rear already and the rear track bar bracket...
You will be fine with the teraflex sport lower arms.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is that the Terraflex joints might not fit the current brackets you have. I have a buddy who can only use Terraflex joints because that is the brackets he has on his JK. Frustrating for him because he wants to swap them out. Do a little research and see if the joints are the same width.

R/
Will
Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
One thing to keep in mind is that the Terraflex joints might not fit the current brackets you have. I have a buddy who can only use Terraflex joints because that is the brackets he has on his JK. Frustrating for him because he wants to swap them out. Do a little research and see if the joints are the same width.

R/
Will
Tera flex sports fit stock control arm brackets. I was not aware that any of the tera flex control arms required special brackets.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Tera flex sports fit stock control arm brackets. I was not aware that any of the tera flex control arms required special brackets.
Maybe it is their long arm brackets. I am using Rock Krawler front LCA's so I am still using the stock mounts.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Big_Red_Hog_2013
Nope not any more. All but the rear lowers adjust stock. Rear lowers + 1/4 iirc

Quick Reply: AEV brackets + aftermarket control arms = _________?