Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV brackets + aftermarket control arms = _________?

Old 02-08-2016, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV brackets + aftermarket control arms = _________?

About to pull the trigger on the new Teraflex Sport Control arms and I am curious if I can leave my AEV brackets on or should I take them off... I love the brackets cuz of how it keeps the arms level and how the brake dive almost disapeared and the handling is so much better... If nobody has any idea I might just leave em on and see how everything measures out... And maybe play the how long will my driveshaft last game...
Any info or advice is much appreciated..
Old 02-08-2016, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Big_Red_Hog_2013
About to pull the trigger on the new Teraflex Sport Control arms and I am curious if I can leave my AEV brackets on or should I take them off... I love the brackets cuz of how it keeps the arms level and how the brake dive almost disapeared and the handling is so much better... If nobody has any idea I might just leave em on and see how everything measures out... And maybe play the how long will my driveshaft last game...
Any info or advice is much appreciated..
The bracket correct the geometry, if the Tera flex are adjustable and can be the same length as the original or close keeping the bracket is a options.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Well the control arms I'm looking at are fixed length for 2.5-3.5 lifts with factory bushings so they're maintenance free
Old 02-08-2016, 05:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What lift height? Upper or lower arms?
Old 02-08-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Rock krawler 2.5 and I'd get the whole set of 8
Old 02-08-2016, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

The brackets have adjustments for 3 lift heights. So with a 2.5" lift, and arms that correct for that lift height, you would want to use the 3.5 (probably the 4.5"?) holes on the brackets instead of the 2.5".

A side-note:
Both the upper and lower arms say they correct caster for 2.5-3" lift. I assume that means that each set corrects for a 1.25-1.5" lift? (And not that using both sets corrects for a 5-6" lift?)
Old 02-08-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have a 2.5" RK lift and previously ran the aev brackets and then switched to the TF lower front sport arms. I did an alignment check with both to check caster and numbers were very similar ~4.5* I could detect no seat of the pants difference between the two steering wise or braking etc. I prefer the control arms as give better ground clearance.

I just installed both rear TF sport control arms a few days ago and like them. I don't see the need to get the front uppers tho as they are the same length as stock. I am actually running 2.5" RK triple rates up front and 3.5" triple rates in back ala their overland kit. It rides very nice.

Last edited by jadmt; 02-08-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The brackets have adjustments for 3 lift heights. So with a 2.5" lift, and arms that correct for that lift height, you would want to use the 3.5 (probably the 4.5"?) holes on the brackets instead of the 2.5".

A side-note:
Both the upper and lower arms say they correct caster for 2.5-3" lift. I assume that means that each set corrects for a 1.25-1.5" lift? (And not that using both sets corrects for a 5-6" lift?)
the lower arms are the only ones that correct caster as the upper fixed arms are the same length as factory. The complete set is what is used in the Mopar/teraflex 3" lift. The rear arms are supposed to correct the pinion angle with a 3" lift.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Good info to know before throwing parts on. Just reading the blurbs on the website is going to confuse people.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just get the lower front TF sport control arms. Keeps your ground clearance and also corrects the caster angle. I am running them too on my leveling system 2" lift.

Quick Reply: AEV brackets + aftermarket control arms = _________?