Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Beadlocks

Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Beadlocks

Guys

Who's running AEV Beadlocks on their Daily Drive (DD)?
Any issues or concerns? How often do you re-torque the wheels?
Any comments welcome. Do I buy them or go for the standard AEV rims?

Cheers
Gregg
Old 09-20-2013, 02:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am not running them so i cant be much help but i can say that i see my self making some in my near future if i ever decide to get the gas for aluminum welding... I see no reason to not get them imo. As for the torque, i would use loctite or similar and just check at each oil change to be safe. I regret getting a rim without beadlocks. Not only does it help from losing a bead, it also protects the outer edges of the rim slightly. If you do get them id get steel, depending on how hard you wheel.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my dd and they have been great. I've checked the torque twice and have not had to tighten any of them.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my DD almost 30,000 miles no issues what so ever. I check the torque every other oil change, but they have never needed to be retightened.

Quick Reply: AEV Beadlocks