Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 4.5 lift issues

Old 06-26-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 4.5 lift issues

i put the aev 4.5 in my jeep about 3 months ago. ive been having alot of issues in the last month . its riding and steering weird. the steering wheel has way more play then the other jeeps with aev 4.5 ive drove... now the traction control wont stop activating it self.... the steering wheel is centered, i have had it aligned, the dealer said it was the sensors and they replaced them yet still doing all this..... any ideas? im about to the point where i drive it into a tree.... any ideas are better then none!!!!

thanks guys
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV 4.5 lift issues

The guys at AEV are supposedly really helpful if you call them and AEV forum is good too(click on forum on the top right of aev website). Unfortunately here you might get a bunch of sideways comments about how you should've picked a different lift. Wish I could be more help. Hope you get it sorted I really like my aev 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man ill check it out
Old 06-26-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Post the specs from the alignment. You could also go through Planmans death wobble writeup. Not for DW, just as a resource to check all of the components/ends/torque/holes/etc. You can find it stuck to the top of the writeups area.

Quick Reply: AEV 4.5 lift issues