Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5" vs Clayton 3.5" lift

Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 3.5" vs Clayton 3.5" lift

I am extremely confused on which lift to get between these two. I heard both are very good and perform well. The only thing pushing me away from aev is the brackets. It seems like all you're paying for is brackets while with the clayton lift you get adjustable control arms, quick disconnect sway bar links and extended brake lines. I just really need some help on this with people who have experience with these lift systems.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AEV makes some very very good stuff so it really depends on what you are going to be doing with your jeep, and i say that because Clayton is heavy, over engineered and just about indestructible. I looked at about 20 kits for my TJ (yea i understand its not a fair comparison) went with the Clayton, then again went with another clayton when i stretched the rear. My TJ is a flat out rock crawler so gets the snot beaten out of it. I'm going to install another Clayton long arm on my JKU at the end of this summer when i wife has forgotten how much i have already spent and the simple reason is when i do think kind of stuff i dont want to be thinking will my suspension hold up.

Are you going short arm or Long arm? Once you go long arms there is no going back in my opinion, but again it depends on what you'll be doing.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I have installed clayton on a tj and it is a well built kit with quality Johnny Joints. They were a bit late to the JK market and don't have the following of some of the other companies so you are not going to find a lot of reviews of them. The two lifts you list are really built for different types of wheeling styles and if you know what you are doing you would not be asking this question. I suggest you do some research on suspensions and the answer will come to you.

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5" vs Clayton 3.5" lift