Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev 3.5, stock bumpers, and 35s

Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by will16
Aev 3.5" on 35's. Rides great

With not having the added 'steel' whats the ride like in and out of cornering ?
Is there any 'roll' or is it still pretty solid similar to stock ?
I'm considering the lift /35's / tire carrier only combination so also interested in the ride with just this.
However mines a CRD2.8 6sp with 4.10's , so the engine may be a little heavier ?

Nice pic

RLT
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orig93gt
Hey will16 any more pics of your jeep? there are'nt alot of aev 3.5 jk unlimiteds with the stock bumpers still in place. Looks great by the way

Thanks. Here you go. I am in the process of shopping for a new bumper right now though!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RLT
With not having the added 'steel' whats the ride like in and out of cornering ?
Is there any 'roll' or is it still pretty solid similar to stock ?
I'm considering the lift /35's / tire carrier only combination so also interested in the ride with just this.
However mines a CRD2.8 6sp with 4.10's , so the engine may be a little heavier ?

Nice pic

RLT
Thanks. It handles solid. Much better than stock. I'm regeared to 4.88's with a 6 speed. My buddy has the same lift and tires but he has aftermarket front and rear bumpers, sliders, winch, etc.. and mine difinitely feels much more 'nimble' (hate to use that word when describing a jeep )

I do have the aev tire carrier wtih the stock bumper...

Old 09-06-2011, 11:34 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. It handles solid. Much better than stock. I'm regeared to 4.88's with a 6 speed. My buddy has the same lift and tires but he has aftermarket front and rear bumpers, sliders, winch, etc.. and mine difinitely feels much more 'nimble' (hate to use that word when describing a jeep )

I do have the aev tire carrier wtih the stock bumper...

'Nimble' sounds fine to me. Although I would like to have it built like a tank front & rear for people to test their air bags out on, the price of fuel over here makes nimble sound Ok.
So just to confirm. Going into & out of a bend / corner with the AEV 3.5" springs & Bilsten shocks, we have no roll.... nice & solid .. yes ?

Nicer pics

RLT
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RLT
'Nimble' sounds fine to me. Although I would like to have it built like a tank front & rear for people to test their air bags out on, the price of fuel over here makes nimble sound Ok.
So just to confirm. Going into & out of a bend / corner with the AEV 3.5" springs & Bilsten shocks, we have no roll.... nice & solid .. yes ?

Nicer pics

RLT
Well it is no ferrari but it does corner better than stock. I am happy with it.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Well it is no ferrari but it does corner better than stock. I am happy with it.
Well that'll do for me.

Just got to decide on rims & tyres now.

Thanks

RLT
Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orig93gt
Hi anyone running the aev 3.5 with 35s and an otherwise stock jeep. Since the aev kit is designed to support their bumpers, hood and a winch I'm wondering if the lift will look too big for 35" km2s. Also will it ride a little too stiff without the extra weight? If anyone has actual lift heaight measurements, pics, or their impression on the ride quality i'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Nice comparison shots! And im jealous of your in-garage lift! Very nice setup dude

Originally Posted by jeep3920
Can't say I've seen this before, but after adding front and rear bumpers, I haven't noticed any sag, so IMO I would get the 4.5 kit, same price just need to replace front driveshaft with this kit
I was under the impression the front driveshaft does not need to be replaced anymore, just an adjustment of the transmission skid plate. See https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post2503541
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the extra pics will16, definately the stance im after.

Quick Reply: aev 3.5, stock bumpers, and 35s