Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift

Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiX14
Damn that looks good. I am guessing those are 35's. Diffidently looks like you could fit 37's and flat fenders.
Thank you! Yes, they are 35's (ProComp MT2's 305x70x18) They measure at a true 35 inches as well. Completely happy with the tires so far. Had to get a serious spare tire holder though. That spare is HEAVY! I originally just got the High Rock spare tire carrier which is a beefed up version that hangs on the tailgate. Shit, I thought the thing was going to rip off the tailgate a few times hittin' some larger than average potholes. The tailgate hinges were making some not so normal noises when opening and closing the tailgate. So I just installed the AEV spare tire carrier, that mounts to the frame through the bumper. Much better and definitely a lot more stable.

I don't think slippin' a 37 under there would be out of the question. I would have to cut or change the siderails though, as they come pretty close to the 35's. Any closer and I'd have to cut them. Flat fenders would be a must too.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone chime in about the performance of the AEV 2.5 lift. Both off and on road would be appriciated.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Lack of responses might tell you something.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 2.5 should run very well on and offroad. It is not a "hardcore" lift, but I think you'd be happy with it.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
Whatever you get make sure it's warranty covered from jeep and the dealer. Full manufacturers warranty.
You mean this warranty..... might wanna read the fine print.....

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/lift...y_wrangler.pdf
Old 11-08-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
Whatever you get make sure it's warranty covered from jeep and the dealer. Full manufacturers warranty.
You might wanna read the fine print in the lift warranty.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I test drove a 12 Sahara U with the 4 inch mopar lift and 35's and it drove like crap.

The ride was harsh, and had massive wheel shutter over small pot holes. That rig had 35 inch nittos on 20's.

AEV has the better reputation but i have not driven a jeep with their lift.

I ended up with a 12 Sahara with a 4.5 inch BDS lift, fox shocks and 35 nittos on 17s and drives like a dream. I have the AEV geometry correction brackets installed which made a serious improvement in bump response.

My Sahara came with 3.21s and I just switched to 4.10s which is plenty of go and decent gas mileage on the highway around 17-18 ish. I heard the new rubi's come with 3.73 or 4.10s which are both good for daily drivers.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twoxstreem
I test drove a 12 Sahara U with the 4 inch mopar lift and 35's and it drove like crap.

The ride was harsh, and had massive wheel shutter over small pot holes. That rig had 35 inch nittos on 20's.

AEV has the better reputation but i have not driven a jeep with their lift.

I ended up with a 12 Sahara with a 4.5 inch BDS lift, fox shocks and 35 nittos on 17s and drives like a dream. I have the AEV geometry correction brackets installed which made a serious improvement in bump response.

My Sahara came with 3.21s and I just switched to 4.10s which is plenty of go and decent gas mileage on the highway around 17-18 ish. I heard the new rubi's come with 3.73 or 4.10s which are both good for daily drivers.

AND 35 inch tires require a new tire carrier. Mine was mounted on the tailgate, but that only lasted for a 100 miles before the gate started to sag and pop. I went with the RE-S bumper with integrated tire holder. No more noises and it opens with the rear gate via a heim joint.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 13 jku with 35s and aev 2.5 lift with geo brackets and it handles like a badass. So much better than stock. I have yet to add discos and run discod but have taken it off road (mild) and it may be a bit more stiff than other lifts, but I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by Landman; 11-12-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift