Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift

Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift

Which is a better, more complete lift? The AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or the MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift? I am putting a 2014 Rubicon on order and the dealer would order/install the lift and 35s and roll it all into the loan. This Jeep will be daily highway driven with weekend use on trails/rocks. I am leaning toward the AEV but the MOPAR is tempting for the FOX Shox and the MOPAR name. Would I still need drive shafts with either of these?

The MOPAR lift has:
-Coil springs with external reservoir FOX Racing Shox
-Mopar / TeraFlex SpeedBump System
-Front / lower axle-to-frame link arms
-All four new rear axle-to-frame link arms
-Suspension limiting straps
front / rear stabilizer bar links with sealed ends
-Limited Lifetime Warranty
MOPAR P5156140 - MOPAR® Performance 3" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks for 12-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

The AEV lift has:
-Frequency-tuned, progressive rate springs
- Bilstein 5100 shocks
-Bump-stop spacers
-Rear track-bar tower
-Brake line drop brackets
-AEV High Steer Kit
-ProCal Module
-Rear stabilizer end links
-Custom bent OE rear track bar
-Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets
-Heavy-duty steering damper
-Jack Base
JK DualSport SC Suspension 3.5"/4.5"
Old 11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

I am putting the Mopar lift on my wife's 2014 Rubi in the next month when i get home. Mostly because of i have seen then in person and spoke with a few owners that swear by them. Are they best offroad or wheeling lift i seriously doubt it. But they are suppose to ride awesome and do well at higher speeds offroad(why i want it) its gonna be mostly a hi way driven jeep. Either looks like a good choice. coming from a noob.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whatever you get make sure it's warranty covered from jeep and the dealer. Full manufacturers warranty.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
Whatever you get make sure it's warranty covered from jeep and the dealer. Full manufacturers warranty.
I will try to get this is writing but I am military and move every few years. I am sure the dealer will only offer their own warrantee that would not be accepted at dealers in other states.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The mopar kit is more complete and may still need a high steer kit on top of that. Personally I would not spend $3k on that kit as there are better ways to go. Your money, do what you want with it. I like the coils better in the aev kit but that is just about it if you are going to be in the rocks.

You will be looking at a front driveshaft as well with that size of lift so make sure they add that in, or at minimum add a third limit strap at the differential to prevent contact with the exhaust.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 11-04-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty sure that is the Teraflex kit with Fox shots branded Mopar. Great kit and it's pretty complete for the money. The AEV is very nice as well. You won't go wrong with either. I'd go AEV in this scenario though. I think it will do what you want more better than the other and can be upgraded easier. What I mean is that the Mopar control arms are fixed. If you ever needed some adjustability those are expensive parts to replace. Where as on AEV you will just add them.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in the same place as you a few weeks ago. I decided on the AEV. Less money, easier maintenance, can be put back to stock, works as well on road as off.

The MOPAR one is sexier though.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
I was in the same place as you a few weeks ago. I decided on the AEV. Less money, easier maintenance, can be put back to stock, works as well on road as off.

The MOPAR one is sexier though.
How bad would it be to drive with the stock drive shaft for a while with the AEV?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

I am not expert, but I have being researching the aev lift for a couple of years now and going to put it on my '14 JKUR. From what I read, you don't need to replace the drive shaft with this kit, in fact they discourage from doing so, for changing it out will cause an some type of issue. I read on one of the threads that some one did change the ds and had to go back to the stock ds
Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beast 1/2 A
I am not expert, but I have being researching the aev lift for a couple of years now and going to put it on my '14 JKUR. From what I read, you don't need to replace the drive shaft with this kit, in fact they discourage from doing so, for changing it out will cause an some type of issue. I read on one of the threads that some one did change the ds and had to go back to the stock ds
This is good news as it saves some $$. If I might ask, where did you read this?

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5 SC DualSport lift or MOPAR Stage III 3 inch lift