Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev 3.5 lift on stock rubicon 32" tires

Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev 3.5 lift on stock rubicon 32" tires

A question for the FORUM - I've spent many hours researching lifts (here, there and everywhere) - I consistently return to AEV as it consistently receives great reviews. Here is my problem though - think 3.5 is too high for my needs:

Here is the deal - I am currently living here in the Middle East, where I've encountered a variety of terrain - desert, sabkha (look it up) and off-road trails into the mountains. I don't rock crawl, my trips are expedition in nature (getting to the campsite!).

So, I haul a family of five in a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon, will be packing all of our gear in a Gobi Rack; In previous pack-outs, I've noted the the Rubicon's stock springs sag.

So, I want to improve overall suspension strength - however, everything I've researched (from Old Man Emu to others) often gives you a more than advertised lift (2" systems actually giving 3" lift, etc.).

And then there is the issue of COG, etc. - even at 2", I would want to correct suspension geometry, etc., to maintain vehicle handling.

So, although clearance isn't an issue (yet) and I am satisfied with the "puny" 32 inch stock wheels, I do want better/stiffer front and rear springs - possibly a progressive rate spring - to deal with our extended camping loads, etc.

Okay - enough background. Since I plan on keeping my stock 32" Rubi tires, anyone out there have post-lift pics of their AEV install with the stock tires? This is what I would be running if I opted for AEV.

Appreciate the help!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this isn't an AEV lift, but here is my JK with 3.5" with stock tires. I'm still deciding on which route to go. It doesn't feel dangerous making turns or anything, but it does look a little goofy.

Quick Reply: Aev 3.5 lift on stock rubicon 32" tires