Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5 lift replacing OME

Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 3.5 lift replacing OME

Well after having a few problems getting info from suppliers, i decided to purchase a AEV 3.5 inch standard lift kit, and some rear Teraflex adjustable arms, as i already have the front ones.
The existing OME Hd springs where just to harsh, you feel every bump, and it seemed the varible rate springs was the way to go.
Upon removing the OME rear springs, i was worried, as they were 1 inch taller than the AEV ones, but upon fitting the rear was higher only by about 1/2 inch, the front springs were the same height, but after fitting held the front up another inch, giving a very level car.
I couldnt fit the rear axle tower, as i have a RHD, but i had already fabbed a extension for the chassis tower.
Fitting was easy, but after commenting to AEV about wanting perhaps a unbent set of profiles, so i could make my own RHD tower, they told me they do a RHD kit , so now in discusions for a RHD rear tower, and a RHD front steering kit.
As for driving it, smoother than the OME, and the Bilstien shocks are the DB's.

Many thanks to AEV, great kit
Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a 2 or 4 door? I'm playing with an AEV kit and was curious? Also do you have a winch bumper etc and what size tyres are you running?

Nick
Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hows is the ride now compared to OME?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 4 door, with Warn winch, and winch bumper on the front, and 5mm steel rear bumper, and HD side sills, so the OME Hd kit had the weight on it, but the AEV kit rides smoother, but a lot of this could be the Bilstien shocks, which from my racing offroad days are dam good.
I am not saying this because i spent the money on a AEV lift, if i felt it wasnt as better than the OME, i would hold my hands up and admit it.

Hope fully in the next few days the AEV front steering kit will arrive in RHD, and a rear tower for the track control arm, again RHD so i can finish the lift.

Top marks to AEV.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

AEV sounds like a good fit for your needs.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

I also am replacing my frankenlift (mix of OME and Teraflex) with the AEV 3.5" premium kit. Glad to hear you like it.

I also pulled the trigger on it because of the geometry corrections (Pretty sure RockKrawler's kit does the same thing, but at a higher cost).

And Im using Currie arms instead of the cam bolts.

Thank for your quick review. Im really looking forward to the kit arriving Im hoping this week

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5 lift replacing OME