Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5" lift bumpstop question

Old 01-16-2014, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AEV 3.5" lift bumpstop question

I'll be throwing on my 3.5" AEV lift and some 37" MTRs shortly. At the same time I'll be putting on my flat flares I got from Bushwacker and trimming my pinch seam. Due to the flat flares, do I need to still get a 4.5" bumpstop to limit my uptravel? I thought I'd be fine by gaining extra inches with the flares...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on shock length and if you're installing the drag link flip kit. Best way is to stuff the suspension minus the springs and make sure the shocks don't bottom out and nothing else contacts where it shouldn't.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm throwing in the high steer kit. Not sure about shock length at this point. I like the tip on stuffing the suspension mid-install to check. Changes my order of getting the tires mounted, but that's not a big deal. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Ncb
It all depends on shock length and if you're installing the drag link flip kit. Best way is to stuff the suspension minus the springs and make sure the shocks don't bottom out and nothing else contacts where it shouldn't.

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5" lift bumpstop question