Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5 lift for 2012 Rubicon

Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a bolt in fix. no welding or cutting. i didn't install it. i actually rolled the cost of the AEV bumpers, AEV lift, and Y pipe into the 0% financing and the dealer did all the install. i think i remember seeing some pics of the install on this forum though as i had thought that i was going to do the install myself. i did however decide it was easier for me to work some extra shifts and pay someone else to do the install as it is quite cold now and i live in a downtown loft without a real garage. i figured the side of the street wasn't the best place to do the lift install.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got my Jeep back this past Friday and have been putting some miles on it over the last couple of days. So far it is pretty good. I went with the aFe Y pipe and plan on getting a new front driveshaft once the front fails.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks a lot guys. It's settled, I'll be ordering the AEV 3.5 lift and y pipe to get started. Next will be tires and wheels. I know the tires I want, but not sure on the wheels yet. Kind of like the AEV wheels due to their functionality, but not quite sold on the classic plain looks yet. Once I have this part complete, I'll ask about bumpers, winch, and stock or flat fenders. Again thanks for your help.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFF
Thanks a lot guys. It's settled, I'll be ordering the AEV 3.5 lift and y pipe to get started. Next will be tires and wheels. I know the tires I want, but not sure on the wheels yet. Kind of like the AEV wheels due to their functionality, but not quite sold on the classic plain looks yet. Once I have this part complete, I'll ask about bumpers, winch, and stock or flat fenders. Again thanks for your help.
AFE install was easy, hardest part was pulling the old crossover out of the tail pipe, I chose to add a little deflector shield to keep the heat off the fuel lines, but the kit comes with
some heat shielding tape
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssach
I just got my Jeep back this past Friday and have been putting some miles on it over the last couple of days. So far it is pretty good. I went with the aFe Y pipe and plan on getting a new front driveshaft once the front fails.

Sick Jeep!!!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also just ordered the AEV RS 3.5 lift kit for my JKRU. After doing some research I decided on the AFE Y pipe as well.
Just waiting on the backordered shocks to be sent so I can lift it.
I was told that for a 4 door, you need the Y pipe. For the 2 door, you need the exhaust spacers.

Good Luck with the lift!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Saach, what size tires are those? I think 35 but they look large in that angle. Thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you say "so far it is pretty good" you lead me to believe something is not right. What are your true thoughts on it so people know what to expect. Are your tires rubbing? Did you get spacers with those wheels or running as they come?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this lift on my 2011 with 35's and it was awesome, IMHO there is nothing out there that drives and handles like the AEV 3.5 or 4.5 as far as on the road. I now have this lift on order to go on my 2012.
Click image for larger version

Name:	122210 038.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	256427Click image for larger version

Name:	122210 040.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	256428
Old 12-30-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

The more I hear about this lift, the more I'm glad I decided to go with it. BTW, I have also decided to go with their wheels also. I can't wait.

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5 lift for 2012 Rubicon