Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5 lift for 2012 Rubicon

Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 3.5 lift for 2012 Rubicon

Lifting my new Rubicon will be the first mod. So far I am leaning towards an AEV 3.5 lift. I will be doing the install myself at home. One of my concerns is the exhaust cross over clearing the drive shaft. Some say I will need a new drive shaft, and others say exhaust flange extenders. The best fix I saw was to modify the cross over with a custom bent tube rewelded in place of the straight tube. Also concerned with pinion angle changing, and what to do about it. If there is anything else I should know about, no matter how basic, please let me know. My plan is to run 35 inch tires. If anyone who runs this lift can share some of these answer with me, I would truly appreciate the help. Sorry that some of this may seem basic to many of you, but it really is new to me, and one thing I hate to do is waste time, and money on things that don't work. Done plenty of that in the past. Thank you for any help in advanced.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just picked up my 2012 Rubi and have the 3.5" AEV lift ordered as well. As far as the exhaust goes all I was told was I going to need to order the Teraflex exhaust spacers to clear the drive shaft and that was from Dave at Northridge and Screamin Lizard who is doing the install and has done several 2012's already. Also, you are going to be glad you spent the extra money on the AEV lift, it is awesome I had the same lift on my 2011 Rubi with 35's
Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

When do you think yours will be complete? Please let me know how it works out on your 2012 JK. I think the price on the lift is very affordable, and really don't mind it, as long as it works as good as they say. Thank you very much for your reply.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

As another option I know several 2012 owners who are using the AFE Y pipe crossover with their AEV lift and say good things about it.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrostByte
As another option I know several 2012 owners who are using the AFE Y pipe crossover with their AEV lift and say good things about it.

this is how jeep should have made the exhaust, AFE Y pipe works great with the AEV 3.5 lift, the AFE moves the crossover behind the crossmember
Old 12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrostByte
The AFE Y pipe is nice. it provides more clearance then the Tera spacers so if it is not a money issue I would go with the AFE. That is my plan as soon as I figure out which lift tire combo I am doing on this jeep
Old 12-28-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

i picked up my 2012 JKUR 3 weeks ago and had the AEV 3.5" lift and AFE Y pipe installed. it works great. i figure at some point i will need to replace the front drive shaft. i am loving the lift. drives great!

Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbboard
i picked up my 2012 JKUR 3 weeks ago and had the AEV 3.5" lift and AFE Y pipe installed. it works great. i figure at some point i will need to replace the front drive shaft. i am loving the lift. drives great!
Why will you have to replace it?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

i don't know that i am going to have to replace it per se, but with the increased angle and past experience with my lifted discovery, i kind of expect it to go out. we'll see though.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cbboard

That looks great, congrats!!! Now, another question.... Is the new AFE Y pipe a bolt in part, or is there cutting and welding involved? I would love to see a pic of it installed with the lift. This is sounding better all the yime. Thank you.

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5 lift for 2012 Rubicon