Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System/ Front Swaybar angle/ Buy Disco?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System/ Front Swaybar angle/ Buy Disco?

Guys,

After searching the Forum I could not find an answer to a problem that I noticed after installing my lift on my 2012 Rubi.

I installed an AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System. This system comes with the front high-steer kit and swaybar extension brackets for mounting points for the front swaybar. The instructions say to use the stock rear swaybar links upfront. It appears that they are too long as the front bar is not parallel at all. It is probably 20 degrees too high.

Anyone else with this lift noticed the same?

I am considering to purchase the JKS disco adjustable links to correct this.

I would just remove the swaybar extension brackets but the passenger side bracket is the high-steer bracket.

Also, do most people do rear disconnects as well? The rear is parralell so no problem there. Was just thinking about more articulation when wheeling.

Thanks!!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

No need to disco the rear since the swaybar has more give than the front and allows full articulation. The swaybar does not have to be level. This allows the extra length needed to obtain full droop without your swaybar flipping the wrong way.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have same Jeep (2012 JKU Rubi) and same lift. My sway bar sat the same way and I had no issues with it. It worked great. I have since been in a head on collision that took out the sway bar disconnect. I am replacing it with a Currie Anti-Rock.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by liveniceguy
Guys,

After searching the Forum I could not find an answer to a problem that I noticed after installing my lift on my 2012 Rubi.

I installed an AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System. This system comes with the front high-steer kit and swaybar extension brackets for mounting points for the front swaybar. The instructions say to use the stock rear swaybar links upfront. It appears that they are too long as the front bar is not parallel at all. It is probably 20 degrees too high.

Anyone else with this lift noticed the same?

I am considering to purchase the JKS disco adjustable links to correct this.

I would just remove the swaybar extension brackets but the passenger side bracket is the high-steer bracket.

Also, do most people do rear disconnects as well? The rear is parralell so no problem there. Was just thinking about more articulation when wheeling.

Thanks!!
Dont mean to highjack, but I am wondering why you went RS over SC? I want the RS because I think the reservoir's are cool (I know not a good reason) but I don't know if they are worth the ~$500 extra. Just wondering your reasonings. Another thing I am wondering is how the install went besides your sway bar confusion? I have read over AEV's instructions and they seem a little confusing. Also I will ask the obvious: Are you happy with the kit?

Thanks a bunch

Quick Reply: AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System/ Front Swaybar angle/ Buy Disco?