Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5 Lift using Synergy Longer Fixed Lower Control Arms instead of Drop Brackets

Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV 2.5 Lift using Synergy Longer Fixed Lower Control Arms instead of Drop Brackets

I am planning to install the AEV 2.5 Lift on 2014 JKU and I was wondering has anyone used the Synergy Longer Fixed Front Lower Control Arms (#8047) instead of using AEV Drop Brackets to correct the caster. The Synergy Fixed Front Longer Lower Control Arms are .25" longer than stock and are made for 3" lift. I know the caster can be corrected with the Drop Bracket or using Adjustable Lower and Upper Control Arms but I am trying to stay away from any type of adjustments.

Also has any one used MetalCloak Drop Bracket? They look similar to Rancho but have adjustment hole for 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5" lift heights.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could run that combo. I run the 2.5" Rock Krawler springs with warrior fixed length lower control arms for a 3" lift on my Willys and the ride is great. Obviously, adjustable is the best way to dial things in but the price point of fixed length is better.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Nothing wrong with that at all.
I believe the Synergy stage II kits use fixed lowers and adjustable uppers.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Or Tera flex fixed sport lca. perfect on my RK 2.5" lift. slightly shorter then the Synergy lca's and $165 shipped via 4wd.com

prior to these I tried the AEV geo brackets and did not like how low they hang and I can not tell any difference in seat of the pants driving between the two.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to revive this thread, It's not that old (20 days)

I have an 07 JKU that I bought with a RC 3.25" lift. It could probably use a castor adjustment as I measured it at 1° today and the steering does feel a little touchy. (I'm a new jeep owner...what do I know)

I do not want to have to deal with rebuilding joints or greasing them all the time so these fixed control arms are right up my alley. Plus the lower NVH and quieter ride the rubber bushings offer will make the wife happier.

For front lowers I have found
Teraflex - 22 -13/16
Synergy - 23 - 1/8
JKS - Not sure what length could someone help here

I think that BDS, Icon and the aforementioned Warrior also make fixed control arms but with urethane bushings I think?

Anyone have experience with any of these or others, any input would be appreciated. Also any fixed control arms that I may have missed?

Synergy's are bent to improve ground clearance, not a huge deal for me but I might benefit from it in some trails.

I am mostly daily driving this thing, I plan on 2-3 trips a year to the sand dunes and 2-3 trips a year to the ORV trails in central northern Michigan, also quite sandy. (Plan is the key word in that sentance, plans have a tendency to change) Even when I do go off roading I'm gonna probably baby it, nothing hardcore.

Thanks for any input
Old 05-30-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, if someone could help me out here with forum etiquette.

Should I have just started a new thread, or is it ok to revive/keep this one going??

Thanks
Old 05-30-2015, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

I like the synergy arms and your situation. The new DD bushings looks promising too.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I like the synergy arms and your situation. The new DD bushings looks promising too.
Is DD referring to the Dual Durometer Bushing?

That does seem interesting, thanks
Old 05-30-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
You mean the ones they copied from metalcloak?
Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bman
I wanted to revive this thread, It's not that old (20 days) I have an 07 JKU that I bought with a RC 3.25" lift. It could probably use a castor adjustment as I measured it at 1° today and the steering does feel a little touchy. (I'm a new jeep owner...what do I know) I do not want to have to deal with rebuilding joints or greasing them all the time so these fixed control arms are right up my alley. Plus the lower NVH and quieter ride the rubber bushings offer will make the wife happier. For front lowers I have found Teraflex - 22 -13/16 Synergy - 23 - 1/8 JKS - Not sure what length could someone help here I think that BDS, Icon and the aforementioned Warrior also make fixed control arms but with urethane bushings I think? Anyone have experience with any of these or others, any input would be appreciated. Also any fixed control arms that I may have missed? Synergy's are bent to improve ground clearance, not a huge deal for me but I might benefit from it in some trails. I am mostly daily driving this thing, I plan on 2-3 trips a year to the sand dunes and 2-3 trips a year to the ORV trails in central northern Michigan, also quite sandy. (Plan is the key word in that sentance, plans have a tendency to change) Even when I do go off roading I'm gonna probably baby it, nothing hardcore. Thanks for any input
Honestly, your best option is to keep the stock arms and use correction brackets. If the arms are original, buy a new take-off set off of someone. Around here, all 8 arms go for around $60. You can't beat the stock bushings. They last forever, ride great, and have plenty of flex. No aftermarket option will come close to them as far as needing service. They just plain work. You live in MI and the winters will eat joints up. Aftermarket arms provide you nothing more than a pain in the a##.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 Lift using Synergy Longer Fixed Lower Control Arms instead of Drop Brackets