Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5 Lift

Old 07-27-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B-MAN

AEV 2.5 with correction brackets and 35's works perfect IMHO...
Nice looking rig! Like the color.

Sent while sitting in my Jeep using JK-Forum
Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by salty1
Here is a few pic's of mine with the brackets and 35 inch Toyo's on it. I liked the stock wheels so kept them and installed SpiderTrax spacers. Handles very well and performs great off-road. The bumpers are the Warn Elite series so that added extra weight. Since those photo's were taken I have added Rubi Rails and Ace rock sliders and the Warn tire carrier so I could carry the proper spare with me...... Guess I need some updated photo's one of these days.

Very nice Salty!

Sent while sitting in my Jeep using JK-Forum
Old 07-27-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
Here is my AEV 2.5 lift. Yes it does sit level. I gained an even 3" of lift measuring from the coil perch to the the lip of the coil tower over stock. Very happy with the lift, flex, and on road handling. I didn't use the drop brackets for the LCA'S. I used rock krawler LCA'S instead. My caster is set to 4.6.
Looking good Newbie! Are those progressive coils on that kit? How do you like the Bilsteins?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula

Looking good Newbie! Are those progressive coils on that kit? How do you like the Bilsteins?
The coils are triple rate progressive. I will tell you this when you add a lot of weight to the back of the jeep the coils barely compress if at all. I like the bilsteins.

Prior to this lift I ran rubicon springs and shocks from a JKUR. springs were 18/59. I had that on for a year and the ride sucked. The springs would compress and nose dive when I braked at a stop light and the ride was stupid rough. cornering was crap as well. I get no nose dive with the AEV lift and cornering (like a clover leaf on ramp) is really good with the AEV.

I have had the lift on since April and I re-measured the lift the other day. I have not experienced any sag or settling with the coils like you hear with other lifts. AEV is not popular in my club because of the perceived price but I priced it out and the cost was within 100.00 of a similar lift from Rock krawler or teraflex.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Here's a pic of mine on the stock wheels and tires. You can see how it sits and how much lift I got out of the 2.5.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1793080443.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	482167  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sideways
Here's a pic of mine on the stock wheels and tires. You can see how it sits and how much lift I got out of the 2.5.
So reminds me of mine, ran for a year like that while I saved for wheels and tires.

Here it is now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1392551225.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	482170
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

I took some new pic's today so I could show the difference between stock and with the 2.5 inch AEV installed with the 35's. As you will see there is a world of difference and as previously stated it handles much better than new. Even with the winch and much heavier bumpers it sits level and the factory rake is gone which was initially a concern........... Many changes have been made in the last year and the only one remaining is to re-gear it, I am torn between the 4:10's and 4:56... one day I will finally decide..........

Front View

Side View

Right rear

Last edited by salty1; 07-27-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by salty1
I took some new pic's today so I could show the difference between stock and with the 2.5 inch AEV installed with the 35's. As you will see there is a world of difference and as previously stated it handles much better than new even with the winch and much heavier bumpers it sits level and the factory rake is gone which was initially a concern........... Many changes have been made in the last year and the only one remaining is to re-gear it, I am torn between the 4:10's and 4:56... one day I will finally decide..........

Front View

Side View

Right rear

Love that color. Really nice!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

I got the lift installed and I love it so far. I just put my new tires and rims on; now my TPMS does not work. Is there a work around for this? I contacted the company and they are compatible with the 2013 TPMS
Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Driven very far with those sensors yet?

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 Lift